• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd / Capital One - 22-12-2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd / Capital One - 22-12-2015

Hi [MENTION=77915]andy44uk[/MENTION]

Thanks for update and looks like a good result.

Sandyhaven

Comment

Hi,

Just an update on this thread, the Case is still stayed, should I re-send letter above and then apply to have it struck out.

curiously it has disappeared of Noddle credit file.

Many thanks,

Sandyhaven

Comment

Originally posted by Sandyhaven View Post
        Hi,

Just an update on this thread, the Case is still stayed, should I re-send letter above and then apply to have it struck out.

curiously it has disappeared of Noddle credit file.

Many thanks,

Sandyhaven
        Hello Sandy,

Yes I think it' s time to get them to discontinue.

Something along the lines of the following to the solicitors.

Ref: County Court Claim No...................................

Sir/Madam,

I refer to the above mention claim which has been stayed since date............... I know believe Cabot has had more than adequate time to retrieve the documents needed to pursue the claim.
        I suggest the you now advise your client to withdraw/discontinue this claim as your client has no reasonable chance of taking the claim forward.

I now give formal notice that should your client decline to discontinue the claim I will within 7 days of your clients response make an application to the court for the claim to be struck out and I will seek the costs of the application from your client.

A prompt response would be appreciated.

Yours etc.

Use signed for post and check delivery and signature.

nem

Comment

Good Morning [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION],

Many thanks for the reply - I posted something on the VIP section regarding Mr Sandyhaven about another issue, have I put it up on wrong thread.

Kindest,

Sandyhaven

Comment

Hi. Can't see anything in VIP ??

nem

Comment

Hi @nemesis45,

Please find the link below, apologies I,m not great on the website ��

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...rs-Barclaycard

Kindest,

Sandyhaven

Comment

Good morning Nem,

Just an update received letter from them stating they will be lifting stay if the account is not settled, should I re-send the above letter again to them.

Kindest,

Sandy

Comment

Good morning Nem,

Just an update received letter from them stating they will be lifting stay if the account is not settled, should I re-send the above letter again to them.

Kindest,

Sandy
                  Good morning Sandy,

That's as nasty a bit of bullying as I've seen for a long time, yes I would send the letter again.

nem

Comment

received letter from them stating they will be lifting stay if the account is not settled, should I re-send the above letter again to them.
                    Your letter sent 13th August put them on notice that if their client didn't agree to Discontinue
                    you would make an application to the court to strike out the claim "within 7 days".

Their client didn't agree to Discontinue so they were expecting a court application which never arrived.

Maybe they saw that letter as a bluff. I'm not sure sending the same letter again will help you. Perhaps your first letter was sent a little prematurely although no harm done.

So the way I see it your options are to either carry out your threat (court application) or do nothing for the time being.

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X