• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - 02 / Lowell/ Lowell Solicitors - 06 Jan 2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - 02 / Lowell/ Lowell Solicitors - 06 Jan 2016

Originally posted by Kinth View Post
    UPDATE:

This matter is now solved.

After making several requests for the documents since the first one over 3 months ago, Lowell still failed to provide me with them. Mediation fell through due to times being booked up and the claim was passed on to the court where it would be tried.
    Luckily (at least I think, not sure if this is normal practice or not) for me the Judge made it mandatory for Lowell to pass on the documents to me by the 28th of May. Nearly a month goes by and I got a letter through the door today saying Lowell are discontinuing their claim.

My guess and something I had suspected when I never received the documents requested, Is that Lowell never had the documentation, or at least the evidence of payment they claimed to have, despite telling me they would send them (I had my own evidence that I had not made a payment on the date they claim as well and I had informed them of this). I think they were hoping that the threat of court would get me to make a settlement offer, and when it came to having to provide the evidence they left it as late as they could and then backed out.

Thank you @nemesis45 for all your help. I hope some of this information is useful in helping others.

Hello Kinth,

Excellent Kinth,

It took long enough for Lowell to see sense.

Personally I think Lowell Solicitors are in all practical terms useless.

I'm pleased it's over for you.

Best wishes !!

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X