• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Claim Form Received !!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: County Court Claim Form Received !!!

Originally posted by howie94 View Post
    Hi nemesis45

Thanks for your reply, as for the CCA its now been 14 working days with no response, and as for the CPR letter i had a reply and i was granted the 28 days...
    I spoke to the court as mentioned above an the 16th January 2016 is my 28 days up as it falls on a saturday i was told that i have until the monday, so just want to try and gain as much information and get the defence in place to submit on the weekend.

As for the letter of documentation asking what i had any in my possession, i replied with a copy of a Template from the forum and stated that i have no documents in my possession whatsoever..

kind regards
    Good morning Howie,

Leave the CCA request, the debt is unenforceable until (if) they supply the agreement.

Which you mention in your defence as.

on date I sent a request under the provisions of section (77/78) of CCA 1974 to the claimant with the £1.00 statutory fee.

to date the claimant has not responded to my request and is therefore unable to enforce the debt.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
      Good morning Howie,

Leave the CCA request, the debt is unenforceable until (if) they supply the agreement.

Which you mention in your defence as.

on date I sent a request under the provisions of section (77/78) of CCA 1974 to the claimant with the £1.00 statutory fee.

to date the claimant has not responded to my request and is therefore unable to enforce the debt.

nem
      Hi nemesis45

Thank you for the reply, i still havent heard from the CCA so as you mentioned thay have no agreements or evidence to provide.
      Im curious is there a Template or a guide of a Defence i can use please, as i wont to get this in order ready for the weekend and submit too MCOL ??

kind regards

Comment

Hi nemesis45

Thank you for the reply, i still havent heard from the CCA so as you mentioned thay have no agreements or evidence to provide.
        Im curious is there a Template or a guide of a Defence i can use please, as i wont to get this in order ready for the weekend and submit too MCOL ??

kind regards
        Hello Howie,

The best way I find is for members to have a look around the others
        threads on the forum and check out the defences, then make a rough
        draft post it here then we can go through it with you.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
          Hello Howie,

The best way I find is for members to have a look around the others
          threads on the forum and check out the defences, then make a rough
          draft post it here then we can go through it with you.

nem
          Hi all

I have drafted up My Defence too submit to MCOL, can you have a look and state if all is ok please ???

Kind Regards [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION]
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi all

Can anyone help please !!!

Before I put the a Defence through to MCOL just need to know if it's correct or not ?

Regards
            Last edited by howie94; 15th January 2016, 19:54:PM.

Comment

Hi

Anyone like to reply..??

regards

Comment

Hi howie, sorry your post has been missed , I'll have a read through the defence now for you xxxx
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                  Hi howie, sorry your post has been missed , I'll have a read through the defence now for you xxxx
                  Thank you I have submitted today so I hope it's ok !!! Fingers crossed

Regards
                  Last edited by howie94; 17th January 2016, 13:57:PM.

Comment

Very good so far xx

Para 10 should just be s. 77, Para 11 should be 77(1) and 77(4) and rake out the square brackets.

77 of the cca is relevant to fixed sum agreements (ie a loan)
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Ahh just saw you put it in ... its fine quoting both paras of the CCA, just me being picky xx
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi Amethyst

I have submitted so I just hope it's ok, fingers crossed... 😬

Kind regards

Comment

Yes it is absolutely fine, it was simply taking out the unecessary references to s.77 but it is not in any way fatal or damaging to your defence at all. Apologies for not seeing it before you had to submit. xxx
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                            Yes it is absolutely fine, it was simply taking out the unecessary references to s.77 but it is not in any way fatal or damaging to your defence at all. Apologies for not seeing it before you had to submit. xxx
                            Hi there

I received this letter today a counter offer of 50% off the full payment, im definitely leaving my Defence stand.

Has anyone got any input on this please ?? @Amethyst @nemesis45

Kind regards

Howie
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by howie94; 5th February 2016, 17:31:PM.

Comment

Hi there

I received this letter today a counter offer of 50% off the full payment, im definitely leaving my Defence stand.

Has anyone got any input on this please ?? @Amethyst @nemesis45

Kind regards

Howie
                              Hi All

Would anyone like too comment or advise please?

Kind regards

Comment

If you still haven't received anyy documents Howie Ie cpr request, no action can be taken as you are aware ... I can only go by my case and the similar situation to you no documents and an offer of a 70% discount to settle I knew they were clutching at straws and I ignored the offer and as mediation was not an option they sent me a letter of discontinuance 14 days later .... Go with your gut

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X