• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Lowell Portfolio I LTD / Vanquis - 4-12-2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - Lowell Portfolio I LTD / Vanquis - 4-12-2015

I'd possibly mention that over and above the companies trading disclosure regulations xx Both copy letters appear to have been sent from the same address? or something like that.

On the statutory interest side, yes they can only ask for it initially from when they took over the debt, but the letters?? should be dated ( if they aren't say so) and the assignment letters do primarily evidence ( or not in this case) that the claimant holds the legal right to claim against you for this debt.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The two letters they sent are dated, with the same date which is 26 December 2013 - Boxing Day.

Comment

It is common for creditors to authorise a debt purchaser ( Especially if the DP has acquired a portfolio of debts from one creditor) to
        send notices of assignment on their behalf and often they are sent in the same envelope.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
          It is common for creditors to authorise a debt purchaser ( Especially if the DP has acquired a portfolio of debts from one creditor) to
          send notices of assignment on their behalf and often they are sent in the same envelope.

nem
          This has been the case for quite a while now. It is allowed.

Comment

My defence, slightly amended, has now been submitted through Money Claim Online.

Comment

Originally posted by NotPaying View Post
              My defence, slightly amended, has now been submitted through Money Claim Online.
              Excellent NP,

The court will pass the defence to the claimant who then has 28 days to respond.

nem

Comment

There's now been a change of solicitor, and I've received a N149A Notice of Proposed Allocation to the Small Claims Track.
                Still no response to the CCA request and no more documents from the CPR request.
                Should I just return the N160 or go for a strike out as well? (With fee exemption).

Comment

Time for an update.
                  I received the documents from the CPR request.

I've also received a N24 General Form of Judgemnet or Order from the County Court.

The main part is

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1) A Preliminary Hearing is requiredto enable the Court to consider the directions which need to be made in this case because the Judge considers that special directions may be needed to ensure a fair hearing and it appears necessary for a party to attend at court to ensure that he understands what he must do to comply with the special directions.

2) In particular, the particulars of claim endorsed on the claim form are wholly inadequate to support the claim made and are likely to be struck out. The Claimant is likely to be given time to file amended particulars provided it produces to the Defendant and to the Court a draft of rules compliantparticulars of claim, together with copies of:

a) the original agreement said to have been made between the Claimant's predessor and the Defendant:

b) statements for the last three months of active use for the account relating to the agreement:

c) the assignment of this alleged debt to the Claimant:

d) the notice of assignment of the debt said to have been served upon the Defendant.

The Preliminary Hearing is next month in May.
                  Any comments?

Comment

The court fee for the hearing was paid by Lowell's solicitor. The hearing was today but nobody showed up from Lowells. Case dismissed with Lowells to pay £12 costs.

Comment

well done

Comment

Originally posted by NotPaying View Post
                        The court fee for the hearing was paid by Lowell's solicitor. The hearing was today but nobody showed up from Lowells. Case dismissed with Lowells to pay £12 costs.

Hello NP.

That's a great result Lowell Solicitors fail again.

Well done!!

nem

Comment

https://youtu.be/NeMrttj8Ucg

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X