• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** DISCONTINUED ** Advice needed for court.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advice needed for court.

Okay so they were taking the minimum payment so yes likely to be set off.

It is entirely up to you if you want to include that at this stage. The other side haven't evidenced any payments being made at all and the onus of proof is on them, not you. They seem to be relying on the date of default only ??

WS = Witness Statement.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The thing I am worried about with leaving it up to them to prove that it isn't SB (I fully believe it is) is that I am worried they will come up with fake documents (I have seen on previous posts that they play dirty) and I am worried about missing an opportunity to prove myself. I have no idea how this works and I find this all terrifying.

If they suddenly "find" some document leading up to the case, can they use it?

And if I take all my documents with me, just incase, Will the judge really ignore them?

I definitely think they relying on the default date.

Ahh, thank you, I can be ditzy at the best of times lol.

Thank you so much for your help.

Comment

They should put their witness statement in at the same time as you, so you will know their position at that point and I really wouldn't give them any more than you need to at this point. As things stand they need to prove the debt is not statute barred and they need to produce the original agreement.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Ok, I will hold off on SAR. Thank you so much!

I shall complete the statement you provided (Thank you so much for this!) and send it first class today. Do I need to send them recorded delivery?

Comment

I would just for your own peace of mind but it isn't essential. One copy to Bryan Carter and one to the Court.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Ok great! Thanks.

I will update when anything else happens.

Comment

Hi,

I received a letter today from Bryan Carter, was wondering if someone would mind taking a look as I am not sure if it is just a tactic to stop me going to court and resulting in me getting a CCJ by default.
                If it is genuine do I need to reply or anything?

Thanks
                Attached Files

Comment

They have run off well done!

That is it, no need to respond but file letters. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Do not drink too much!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pinklily View Post
                    Hi,

I received a letter today from Bryan Carter, was wondering if someone would mind taking a look as I am not sure if it is just a tactic to stop me going to court and resulting in me getting a CCJ by default.
                    If it is genuine do I need to reply or anything?

Thanks
                    Well done ! You have won

Just check with the court on Monday that they have received the notice of discontinuance as well, and that should be it all done and dusted
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

You could ring the court and get confirmation they have the letters>

Comment

Re: ** DISCONTINUED ** Advice needed for court.

Hi!

So I phoned the court this afternoon just to check and they said "the court will no longer be dealing with the claim" JESUS!!! :jaw: I am so happy.

Thank you everyone for your help! Without this site I would have ended up with a CCJ! I can't tell you how grateful I am for everyone's advice and help :grouphug: xx

Comment

did they discontinue the case before allocation?
                          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

I'm not 100% on what you mean by allocation. (I am rubbish with all of this!)

It was due to go to court on the 15th of December. I sent my witness statement to BC and the court which they recieved on the 16th of November. Then yesterday I recieved the notice of discontinuance and phone court today and double checked.

As previous posters have said I won, and that is because of the help I had from this site x

Comment

Sorry, allocation means it has been placed on a certain track - small claims, fast track or multi track.
                              If you've sent your statement already it would have been allocated already.
                              If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                              LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                              Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Ah I see. Yes, it was small claims

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X