• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Claim: Cabot Finance re: Old Welcome Finance Loan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: County Court Claim: Cabot Finance re: Old Welcome Finance Loan

Letter from Cabot over the weekend
    Attached Files

Comment

Should I now email, Cabot asking for an extension? As they've said they do not have the documents?

My defence has to be filed by 2nd November, is that by the end of the working day?

Comment

Originally posted by BillyRay01 View Post
        Letter from Cabot over the weekend
        Is that all, no covering letter?

nem

Comment

No it was, just that letter nothing else

Comment

Yes by 4pm.

You would ask the solicitors to agree to an extension on the basis their client hasn't got the agreement yet - http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...filing-defence

or you can just get your defence in based on the breach of the CCA 1974 - http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...t-Court-Claims

( Nem, I'm not sure why a letter would have a covering letter? )
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The solicitors only correspond via post, so would be too late now I would think to get a reply before my defence has to be filed.

Is there any reason, why they have not got all the paperwork for this, if they have bought the debt from Welcome Finance?

Comment

The solicitors only correspond via post, so would be too late now I would think to get a reply before my defence has to be filed.

Is there any reason, why they have not got all the paperwork for this, if they have bought the debt from Welcome Finance?
                Good morning BillyRay,

Debts are not sold " individually".
                A portfolio of debts with a face value in millions of pounds is sold without much more than the debtors name/address and contact details, no mention will be made of any disputes, payments or status in regard to the Limitation Act 1980.

It's wrong that debt purchasers can issue a court claim without having anything to support their claim at the time.

nem

Comment

Thank you Nem,

I know that there is no way the loan was taken out in November 2006, as i had just been made redundant in the June and had take time off with my daughter. Is this something i should mention in my defence? They would'nt have approved a loan when i never even had a job? I vaguely remember it being in the November 2005 maybe Jan 2006 that I signed the loan

Comment

Thank you Nem,

I know that there is no way the loan was taken out in November 2006, as i had just been made redundant in the June and had take time off with my daughter. Is this something i should mention in my defence? They would'nt have approved a loan when i never even had a job? I vaguely remember it being in the November 2005 maybe Jan 2006 that I signed the loan
                    Hi,
                    Yes you can mention that your circumstances in November 2006 would have precluded any chance of getting such a loan.

nem

Comment

Do I also mention, Cabot unlicensed trading? As I emailed the court regarding this?

Thanks

Comment

Do I also mention, Cabot unlicensed trading? As I emailed the court regarding this?

Thanks
                        Personal Opinion, No stay away from that!

nem

Comment

Hi,

I've attached letter I received from Reston's, with a form attached so I can change my plea!

Still nothing from Cabot re my request

Thanks
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

I've attached letter I received from Reston's, with a form attached so I can change my plea!

Still nothing from Cabot re my request

Thanks
                            Seems to be a considerable mix up with the CPR and CCA requests here, what exactly did
                            you send to Cabot and Restons ?

nem

Comment

There's the letters, I have received one back weeks ago from Cabot regarding the request for information, which they replied they hope they'd have it within 40 days

Thanks
                              Attached Files

Comment

There's the letters, I have received one back weeks ago from Cabot regarding the request for information, which they replied they hope they'd have it within 40 days

Thanks
                                OK that is not a CCA request nor is a CPR31.14 request!
                                1. A CCA Request allows for only a copy of the agreement relevant to the debt and a " current " statement of the account.

2. CPR 31.14 allows a request for the documents mentioned in the Particulars of Claim Nothing Else!

What you have sent is more like a " Subject Access Request " made under the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 a £10 statutory fee is payable for that.
                                Sending a SAR to the debt purchaser is a waste of time and money as it will have only the absolute minimum of data which is supplied when debts are sold.

Cabot's " 40" days letter is a nonsense the time scale is 12 + 2 Working Days for a CCA request, failure to comply render the debt unenforceable UNTIL the agreement is supplied.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X