• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

N244 with installment was rejected

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: N244 with installment was rejected

It will depend what is written on your I & E. Were there large expenditure lines on there that would not be considered standard? You could trying discussing this with a debt adviser and asking if there is a reason your proposed offer was not accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
      Advice agencies often tell people that BR is the option for them even when in many cases it clearly isn't, at some point back in credit crunch they said that to me too, even though my debts weren't that big, just old credit cards which are not likely to be enforceable and I have spent most of my life working in the financial sector. :mmph:

The BR fees are also ludicrous, you are supposed to be without means if you are BR yet they want you to pay £705! :rant: The DRO option Debt Camel mentioned above is kind of a cheaper form of bankruptcy for people with debts below £15k (although it's soon to be increased to £20k), low income and few assets. The fee was just £90 last time I checked. It's still a form of personal insolvency that can be just as damaging as BR, only a scaled down version so to speak. There are a number of differences between the two, for a start you need to go through an approved intermediary to enter into a DRO. They are supposed to make sure you've had the right advice, etc. before making your decision as well as checking your eligibility.
      With this debt it will be close to £15,000 . I have contact all my creditors and making the minimum payments, it's not much but they've accepted it and I am keeping up the payments...This is the only one that I can't come to an arrangement, I dont own anything. I am going in the Citizen Advice tomorrow to find out about all my options, so I can make the right decision. I am so scared and I feel hopeless. As everything I have tried have bee knock down. I felt the courts was my only hope now thats gone!

Comment

Originally posted by DMJ515 View Post
        Is it common for he courts to reject an N244 and N245 applilication with evidence or is it just my bad luck? As I was hoping for a court hearing or at least for the court to look at my evidence, such as my budget and a detail explaination of my financial circumstances.
        Not knowing what you have submitted makes life for us difficult. Obviously it is your decision as to what you let us know but to get an accurate answer a lot more information needs to be given. There is just so much not known at present.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
          That is not quite so clear cut now.
          Simples:

The registered keeper is not the legal owner of a car.

Just get a friend to be the Register keeper.

May be not kosher but what the hell !!!

Comment

A recent Court case has ruled that if you have a Beneficial Interest it can be taken.

Comment

Originally posted by Debt Camel View Post
              It will depend what is written on your I & E. Were there large expenditure lines on there that would not be considered standard? You could trying discussing this with a debt adviser and asking if there is a reason your proposed offer was not accepted.
              I will ask again, but the financial budget which I handed in the debt advise agency assisted me with it. Also it is the same expenditure I gave to the court when they tried to have an attachment of earnings. The court rejected the order and also state I could not afford base on my income and my expenditure...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by spirit2534 View Post
              Simples:

I am in process of doing so

Comment

Originally posted by spirit2534 View Post
                Simples:

Originally posted by DMJ515 View Post
                - Updated - - -

I am in process of doing so
                Sorry to inform you but as a Writ has been issued your goods are Bound and cannot be disposed of in any manner without the consent of the HCEO/Court. To do so invites trouble and possibly a small holiday at HMP.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X