• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Internet Media Experts - staffbenefits.co.uk - NHS Intranet Advertising

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help Please! B2B very questionable company are claiming money from me!

I am hoping to get in contact with Penguinbars too as I have these people chasing me for payment for advertising on the Oxford Uni NHS trust too.
    My contract started with them at around the same time Penguinbars mentioned that he spoke to their HR department and they said staffbenefits.co.uk had been removed.
    If that is the case, I have never had anything that I paid for.
    IME are now threatening to submit a court order to have my company wound up. Should I take that seriously? Would I have an opportunity to represent my case in court if they do?
    These bottom-feeders give me a sick feeling in my stomach and I have been putting off dealing with them until now.

Regards
    Bryan

Comment

I'd like to see the letter they have sent you threatening to wind up your company How much do they allege you owe them ?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
        It was an email that came from their 'Solicitor/debt collector' http://commercialdebtrecovery.eu/ (IME feature and endorse them on their website. Maybe the same owners?)
        I paid the first year instalment when the salesman so brilliantly convinced me of their wonderful offerings.
        Shortly after I realised it was a scam and refused to pay the next two instalments due 3 months later and then 3 months after that as initially agreed. They demanded the full payment, I refused once again and then they sent this email:

Dear Bryan,

Our Client: Internet Media Experts (UK) Ltd
        Agreement Dated: 12/08/2015

Further to consultation with our above-named client in connection with the recovery of the sum of £524.14, which sum has been outstanding for some considerable period of time, despite our client’s repeated requests for payment. In such circumstances, we have advised our client that they are entitled to present a Petition to the High Court of Justice praying for the compulsory winding up of your company, pursuant to Section 122 (1)(f) of the Insolvency Act 1986, in view of your obvious inability to make payment.

Our instructions are such that unless within 5 days of the date of this letter we receive payment by Debit or Credit Card in our favour for the full amount due, then such a Petition will be issued, served and advertised without further notice or warning.

Any correspondence from you must quote the name of our client, your own name and the reference number set out above. If any of these details are omitted, it may be that your correspondence cannot be dealt with and the proceedings referred to above will automatically follow.

Yours truly,

Natasha Croall
        Accounts Manager

Comment

Well, to begin with to issue a winding up petition the debt would need to be over £750 and it would cost IME £280 in court fees and £1,350 petition deposit (to manage the ‘winding-up’)

so seriously don't worry about that.

I'd put the letter in a file somewhere and not worry.

Just by way of evidencing what I've said btw - just look at the provision NEXT to the one they quote in the insolvency act

123 Definition of inability to pay debts.

(1)A company is deemed unable to pay its debts—

(a)if a creditor (by assignment or otherwise) to whom the company is indebted in a sum exceeding £750 then due has served on the company, by leaving it at the company’s registered office, a written demand (in the prescribed form) requiring the company to pay the sum so due and the company has for 3 weeks thereafter neglected to pay the sum or to secure or compound for it to the reasonable satisfaction of the creditor, or

(b)if, in England and Wales, execution or other process issued on a judgment, decree or order of any court in favour of a creditor of the company is returned unsatisfied in whole or in part, or

(c)if, in Scotland, the induciae of a charge for payment on an extract decree, or an extract registered bond, or an extract registered protest, have expired without payment being made, or

(d)if, in Northern Ireland, a certificate of unenforceability has been granted in respect of a judgment against the company, or

(e)if it is proved to the satisfaction of the court that the company is unable to pay its debts as they fall due.

(2)A company is also deemed unable to pay its debts if it is proved to the satisfaction of the court that the value of the company’s assets is less than the amount of its liabilities, taking into account its contingent and prospective liabilities.

(3)The money sum for the time being specified in subsection (1)(a) is subject to increase or reduction by order under section 416 in Part XV.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

That is certainly the best advice I could have hoped for
            This is my first attempt at running a business and these guys took advantage of that less than a month after I started business.
            I wish I knew how it is so easy for them to get away with this stuff? How can they legally be so illegal?
            They prey on small businesses and there is just no recourse!
            The mind boggles.
            Thanks again for your time.
            Regards
            Bryan

Comment

Sadly the protections in this country at the moment for small businesses is extremely lacking. There are (and should be) arguments for small businesses and sole traders to have the same protections as Consumers.

Are you a sole trader or Ltd company ?

If you hear anything else from them let us know.

You could respond to that letter if you wanted to just spelling out to them that you are aware it is complete tosh ?
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

I would love to write a reply, but must take my time to write something that is not broiling with anger!
                I have lost nearly £300 already to them only to find out from this thread that they have never offered me the advertising they sold me. They actually owe me a refund according to the timing of Penguinbars communication with Oxford University Trusts. I tried contacting the HR department there, but they said they didn't handle the intranet and declined to tell me who did.
                I will update here if I decide to reply to them and if I hear anything further.
                Thanks again for your reassuring advice Amethyst.

Regards
                Bryan

Comment

There is certailnly a pattern forming! Exactly the same situation in the East Midlands, promised exclusivity to circa 50,000 NHS Staff members sit alongside Apple, Emirates etc, only pay second installment when we activate the advertising campaign....nothing activated or developed, now cahasing us for 2x additional payments circa 2.5K, debt collection company threatening to visit our office etc. any advice appreciated?

Regards

Comment

Which NHS Trust and have you spoken to them to ask if staffbenefits are on their intranet ?
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Had a reply back from Oxford Uni NHS trust

Thank you for getting in touch about this issue.

We used to have a single link to the ‘staffbenefits.co.uk’ website on our intranet, in the ‘Latest staff offers’ area.

This link was removed in August last year due to complaints from local business people, who had been led to believe that their services were advertised directly on our intranet through staffbenefits.co.uk.

We do advertise genuine offers for NHS / OUH staff on our intranet site, and when we do, this is completely free of charge.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by smartharley View Post
                        Hi LastKingOfNorwich,

I know how you are feeling! Cant share my contact as you can imagine on here. What day, month and year did you sign up with them?

Look forward to hearing back from you soon
                        Hello again - have you had any luck with these charlatans? I've been in contact with the NNUH who say they do have a link for them on their staff intranet but are not happy with their methods and will review them.

Internet Media Experts are now threatening to send bailiffs tomorrow to our shop! My wife is 7 1/2 months pregnant which I have told them on two occasions!! They still keep contacting her directly even though I have given them my details and told them only to deal with me. Their behaviour is disgusting and their alleged services almost fraudulent. Can anyone suggest any help??

Comment

Do they have a CCJ against you or your company ? They can't just send bailiffs round. They must have a CCJ against you first. Have they put this in writing - or are they threatening your wife by telephone ? As she / you have informed them of her pregnancy you could complain about harassment. Have you made a formal complaint about their services ( or lack thereof) ?

If they did have a CCJ and instructed bailiffs then your wife's circumstances would certainly be taken into account - https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/de...t-by-bailiffs/ - also - https://www.businessdebtline.org/EW/...-bailiffs.aspx
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                            Do they have a CCJ against you or your company ? They can't just send bailiffs round. They must have a CCJ against you first. Have they put this in writing - or are they threatening your wife by telephone ? As she / you have informed them of her pregnancy you could complain about harassment. Have you made a formal complaint about their services ( or lack thereof) ?

If they did have a CCJ and instructed bailiffs then your wife's circumstances would certainly be taken into account - https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/de...t-by-bailiffs/ - also - https://www.businessdebtline.org/EW/...-bailiffs.aspx
                            No there is no CCJ not have there been any bailiff letters. More scaremongering tactics. We were advised by citizens advice to send a recorded letter quoting the1967 misrepresentation act. Strange that this phone call comes a few days after they signed for it!! Citizens Advice has passed our case onto Trading Standards.

Have you had any luck with these people yet? Have you paid them anything? Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Comment

Do you have any advice you could give me ASAP regarding this? I've had a company called Commercial Debt Recovery call me regarding this today. They have threatened me with turning up tomorrow with a Statutory Demand for the full amount + costs. WHAT DO I DO?? Please help!!!!

Comment

How much are they claiming is outstanding?

Are you a limited company / partnership ? or a sole trader ?

Personally I'd stop answering the phone. Did CAB give you a draft letter about the misrepresentation ? or have you sent that and they are still hassling you?

If they sent a Stat Demand you would tell the court the debt is disputed (as it is) and CDR would have no choice but to take you to small claims court. Which you could defend the claim based on the misrep and the non provision of services. Of course we'd need to look deeper into what you signed up for - do you actually have a contract with them ? vs what you were provided with.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X