• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Cabot Financial / Peoples Bank - 5-6-2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - Cabot Financial / Peoples Bank - 5-6-2015

Hi again,

Will be submitting my defence today, would someone please review the attachment of my draft defence document and give me any feedback just to check its all okay and I am not missing anything.

Thanks
    J
    Attached Files

Comment

That looks OK, :thumb: do keep us posted. :typing:

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
        That looks OK, :thumb: do keep us posted. :typing:
        Hi

Sorry quick question going to submit it online through the MCOL website I guess I just need to copy the points into the box to complete this and keep the original document??

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by jonny1979 View Post
          Hi

Sorry quick question going to submit it online through the MCOL website I guess I just need to copy the points into the box to complete this and keep the original document??

Cheers
          Yes, you should be able to submit online. :typing: If you have any problems with MCOL you can send it by email to ccbcdefendants@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk

On the subject heading you'd put claimant - v - defendant, claim number - DEFENCE

Comment

Yes, you should be able to submit online. :typing: If you have any problems with MCOL you can send it by email to ccbcdefendants@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk

On the subject heading you'd put claimant - v - defendant, claim number - DEFENCE
            Thats great.

Defence submitted now just wait and see I guess.

Thanks again for your help.
            J

Comment

Quick update for you all, as you will see I submitted my defence on 20th July. Received a letter from the court acknowledging this dated same day and a letter dated 23rd of July 2015 from Weightmans advising they had received the defence from the court and were requesting the required documents from Cabot which they would send upon receipt. (which they should have done before claiming anything!!!)

It is now 10th of August and nothing yet has been received I note after 28 days the claim would be stayed? What would be my options should no response be received by the middle of next week assuming that the claim would be stayed after the 17th August?

Thanks
              J

Comment

Quick update for you all, as you will see I submitted my defence on 20th July. Received a letter from the court acknowledging this dated same day and a letter dated 23rd of July 2015 from Weightmans advising they had received the defence from the court and were requesting the required documents from Cabot which they would send upon receipt. (which they should have done before claiming anything!!!)

It is now 10th of August and nothing yet has been received I note after 28 days the claim would be stayed? What would be my options should no response be received by the middle of next week assuming that the claim would be stayed after the 17th August?
                The 28 days would run from when they received your defence. If the case is stayed, you won't hear anything about it. The courts always seem to have a backlog so I'd give it an extra week or so before contacting the court to find out the status of the case. :ranger:

Comment

The 28 days would run from when they received your defence. If the case is stayed, you won't hear anything about it. The courts always seem to have a backlog so I'd give it an extra week or so before contacting the court to find out the status of the case. :ranger:
                  Thanks for the advice (sorry, guidance)! I will give it Thursday 27th if no updates/replies by then I will contact the court on the 28th Friday. Will update again once I have got an answer from the court unless something happens in the meantime that is.

Cheers
                  J

Comment

Okay I have received a letter this morning from Weightmans dated 19th August which advised Cabot were going to proceed with the claim and advise the court of the same but a slight twist they are willing to come to an 'amicable' arrangement rather then go to court. The rep at Weightmans who wrote the letter is requesting to call him to discuss.

Now obviously it appears to me that they want to settle this out of court. What is the best recourse here?

No CCA or CPR request has been fulfilled to date, is it the case they have the documents and are going to spring a surprise should it go to a hearing??

Not sure what to make of it to be honest.

Thanks
                    J

Comment

Okay I have received a letter this morning from Weightmans dated 19th August which advised Cabot were going to proceed with the claim and advise the court of the same but a slight twist they are willing to come to an 'amicable' arrangement rather then go to court. The rep at Weightmans who wrote the letter is requesting to call him to discuss.

Now obviously it appears to me that they want to settle this out of court. What is the best recourse here?
                      They are doing the same as Carter now, trying it on to see who bites. :nono:

You have to wonder, if they are so confident of winning in court, why are they inviting offers? :noidea: :confused2:
                      No CCA or CPR request has been fulfilled to date, is it the case they have the documents and are going to spring a surprise should it go to a hearing??

Not sure what to make of it to be honest.
                      No, they can't just spring a surprise, once a hearing date is set, the court will order them to provide the documents at least 14 days before the hearing. They probably know they may stumble at this point which is why they are trying to get you to settle. Why would you when they've not come up with any paperwork? They may well be unable to get their hand on anything and may have to end up discontinuing, ray: shame, uh? :lol:

Comment

They are doing the same as Carter now, trying it on to see who bites. :nono:

You have to wonder, if they are so confident of winning in court, why are they inviting offers? :noidea: :confused2:

No, they can't just spring a surprise, once a hearing date is set, the court will order them to provide the documents at least 14 days before the hearing. They probably know they may stumble at this point which is why they are trying to get you to settle. Why would you when they've not come up with any paperwork? They may well be unable to get their hand on anything and may have to end up discontinuing, ray: shame, uh? :lol:
                        Ah okay thanks is it better to not respond then and wait it out I think the 28 day deadline is nearly up for them to provide the reply to my defence before the claim is stayed.

Thanks
                        J

Comment

Ah okay thanks is it better to not respond then and wait it out I think the 28 day deadline is nearly up for them to provide the reply to my defence before the claim is stayed.
                          They'll have to reply to the court and you will then hear from the court when you get the N180 directions questionnaire to complete and return. You do have to respond to that one. :grin:

Comment

Okay received the n180 directions questionnaire through the post and a letter advising the claim has been allocated to the small claims track? What exactly does this mean any guidance on how to fill this in there is a question in regards to mediation too?

I understand this needs to be returned to the court do I need to send this to the claimant as well?

Comment

Okay received the n180 directions questionnaire through the post and a letter advising the claim has been allocated to the small claims track? What exactly does this mean any guidance on how to fill this in there is a question in regards to mediation too?

I understand this needs to be returned to the court do I need to send this to the claimant as well?
                              Yes copy to court and claimants solicitors.

Small claims track is for claims less than £10K and is a less formal court system cases being heard " in chambers" ( the judges office). Accept allocation.
                              Tick yes to mediation it's expected that both parties will attempt resolution without a hearing.
                              The address of your nearest County Court should be stated.
                              One witness i.e. you as litigant in person.

nem
                              Last edited by Kati; 24th August 2015, 19:37:PM.

Comment

Claims are allocated based on their value, those below £10k get allocated to small claims which offers a quicker, simplified process. There's no need to argue against small claims allocation but you should provide details of your local court as that where you'd have to go for a hearing, also dates when you don't expect to be available. No need for experts or interpreters, under D3 only one witness (yourself). It's a good idea to tick the mediation box. :thumb:

Yes, a copy to be sent to the Weightmans as the claimant's representatives. :typing:
                                Last edited by Kati; 24th August 2015, 19:34:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X