• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Failure to disclose - what do I do now???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failure to disclose - what do I do now???

Hello

Capquest have failed to comply with an order to disclose the credit agreement and default notice stated in their claim and they should have complied by the 3rd of May but still nothing. I've emailed the court to tell them they haven't sent any of the documents but I'm not sure what to do next. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you
    Tags: None

Re: Failure to disclose - what do I do now???

Just giving this a bump.
    I think this might be the same subject as your other threads but I am afraid I do not know how to link them- sorry!

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

Your court option is to make an application to strike out the claim under CPR 3.4(2)(c) for a failure to comply with a court order. The application would have to be made on Form N244, and there is currently a fee of £155 for this (which may be recoverable from the claimant). The process is more fully described here: http://uk.practicallaw.com/1-204-3083?service=ld

The courts use their power to strike out sparingly. They will only strike out the claim if there has been a significant delay by the claimant and will usually give the claimant one last time to comply.

I would advise the following approach:
      1. Two weeks after the claimant should have complied with the court order, write to the claimant telling them:
      - that they are in breach of the court order; and
      - that if they do not comply with the court order in the next 14 days that you will apply for an application to strike out.
      Ensure that you keep a copy of any letter you send and that you send the letter recorded delivery or with proof of postage.
      2. If after five weeks they have not complied with the court order, make the application to court applying for a strike out. You will need to attach a draft order in this application. I suggest an unless order (which basically gives the claimant one last chance to comply).

If you follow this approach, then you can demonstrate to the court that you have been more than reasonable and so the court is likely to accept your application, and award you your costs.

I can always come up with a drafts in required.

Comment

That's great, thank you for your advice and offer of help (drafts)

Comment

Absolutely no point in waiting 2 weeks after the date for compliance has passed check asap
          with the court to find out if the claim is stayed.
          Capquest are well known for sneaky behaviour.
          If the court confirms the non compliance with the order send
          Capquest a letter of intention to apply for strike out in 7 days.

All the delays will only give Capquest more time to concoct some sort of recon a favourite trick.
          Capquest already has had more than adequate time to comply don't play in to their hands.

nem.

If there is another thread on this I'll ask the site team to merge them. nudge for Kati+

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
            Absolutely no point in waiting 2 weeks after the date for compliance has passed check asap
            with the court to find out if the claim is stayed.
            I personally would wait, to show the court that you are acting reasonably making it more likely to be successful in the strike out application and recovery of costs. I don't see that you gain anything by acting quickly, but you do stand to lose costs by acting too quickly.

Comment

DCA's and debt purchasers will Not wait and take any advantage available.
              Small claims costs are limited anyway.
              Many years of experience at the sharp end detailing with the debt collection industry
              teaches that the companies concerned show little respect for legislation and regulation.

nem

Comment

Hiya

I've spoken to the court. The claim isn't stayed and apparently the court wrote to Capquest on the 5th (2 days after compliance date) telling them that if a further 28 days to comply was needed they'd have to send off an N244 and they,ve heard nothing so far?? So I guess now I write to Capquest and give them another 7 days then.

Comment

Hiya

I received a copy of an order form the court. Capquest had applied for a 56 day extension in order to provide the default notice but the court has refused the extension. Capquest also stated that they are not able to provide a copy of the credit agreement. As they can't provide the agreement does this mean it's unenforceable?? And should I now apply to strike out??

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by glasscake View Post
                    Hiya

I received a copy of an order form the court. Capquest had applied for a 56 day extension in order to provide the default notice but the court has refused the extension. Capquest also stated that they are not able to provide a copy of the credit agreement. As they can't provide the agreement does this mean it's unenforceable?? And should I now apply to strike out??

Thanks
                    Would be an idea to write to the solicitors stating your intention to apply for a strike out, it may work as well as it did for seduraed as below, saves the N244 application fee: :thumb:

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
                    I was filling in the form and had informed the solicitors that i would be applying for a strike out got the discontinuance notice a few days later .

Comment

Originally posted by glasscake View Post
                      Hiya

Thanks
                      Yes no agreement no enforcement, but please remember this situation is considered temporary and would immediately change IF the agreement was found/produced.

Give the claimant 7 days notice of intention to apply for strike out, plus a " suggestion" that the claimant should withdraw the claim to avoid further costs.

nem

Comment

Hiya

I think my claim has been struck out but I just wanted to check I'm reading the order right. I sent in an Application Notice on the 20th of October requesting the claim be struck out if Capquest couldn't supply the CA. The court ordered on the 12th of Nov that Capquest had 7 days to comply or the case be struck out as they'd failed to comply with a previous order. I understand that bit and they haven't sent me the CA so I'm guessing it's struck out but on the first page, it says that the Application must be heard on notice to the claimant and that the claim has been transferred to my local court. Does this mean a judge looks at the order a again? I've emailed the court to confirm that they've not sent the CA so I'm hoping that's it as it's been a loooong 11 months!!!

Many thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                        X