• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bryan Carter and Halifax Credit Card Debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryan Carter and Halifax Credit Card Debt

Hi everyone,

I am having a traumatic time with Bryan Carter Solicitors at the moment.

My partner has received a claims form asking for £2600 from a Halifax Credit Card debt three years ago. The claims form was only received on Tuesday 24th February, but was dated 6th February. Now this is what worries me and where I get slightly confused. He called them straight away and they said they will hold off judgement, providing that the debt is cleared within six months.

I called them as what they stated to my partner, didn't sit well with me, nor do I trust them AT ALL!
    And initially they said they cant send anything in writing to confirm that they will hold off judgement for six months. But they have now changed their tune when I mentioned the FCA and said they will get a letter out confirming that 'if he says true to an agreement, they will hold off judgement'

I feel slightly stressed and confused, as I feel that I have lost the chance to do anything now, as N9A form should of already been submitted

(I only know slight information regarding how CCJ's work, as I dealt with litigation in an insurance firm) so any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Bryan Carter and Halifax Credit Card Debt

Well you have learned the first lesson for dealing with debt collection agencies and their pet solicitors Never deal with them by phone!!
    Is the date of issue on the N1 definitely 6th February (3rd box top right of form?
    Is there a date stamp on the envelope?
    What you really need to do is apply to the court for a 28 day extension because of the postal problem.
    Was the address correct in ever way?
    Acknowledge service on MCOL and intention to defend.

Send Carter a CPR31.14 request for the documents mentioned in the Particulars of Claim (template I forum library,.)

Is Carter acting on behalf of a debt collection agency e.g. Lowell if so send a CCA request to them asap to get a copy of the agreement. £1 statutory fee to pay (use a cheque or postal order clearly endorsed " for statutory fee only".

Lowell has 12 + 2 Working Days to comply. (template in the library.)

Keep all correspondence and the envelopes it came in. Keep a paper trail and stay off the phone.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X