• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

cabot/restons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cabot/restons

good morning everyone
    thanks to nemesis and amethyst for their help yesterday ,as they will know I have to go back to papworth today
    for some more tests etc looks like I will be staying in until tomorrow at least my 28 day extention ends on mon 16/2
    am I going to get time to do a defenc e as I am going to have to go in about 1 hrs time ( starting to get worried now!!)
    both the case and hosp I did try and under stand some of the cases on here yesterday but my mind has gone blank
    cannot seem to take it all in :help: could some one tell me what can I do next --oh by the way ,my morning post has not arrived yet
    and I think the 40 day letter I received, runs out in the 16 /2 as well. any help would be really appreciated as I only have about until 1145 this morning before I have to go in ,BIG THANKS!
    Tags: None

Re: cabot/restons

1. I received the claim in this case on 24 December 2014.
    2. The Claim is for a MBNA Credit Card agreement from January 2000 regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974.
    3. I contend the claimant's claim is statute barred by virtue of section 5 of the the Limitations Act 1980.
    4. I last had any contact regarding this MBNA Credit Card in November 2009 when I formally requested a copy of the original credit agreement under s.78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I have had no contact at all nor made any payment for at least six years.
    5. The Claimant has never complied with my request under the Consumer Credit Act and as such is unable to enforce the agreement pursuant to s 78(6) Consumer Credit Act.
    6. Prior to making that request I had not had any contact with the Claimant, who were allegedly assigned the agreement in 2001.
    7. I did not receive any default notice or notice of assignment.
    6. On receipt of the claim form in this case on 24 December 2014 I sent a further request for a copy of the original agreement under s.78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act. I aslo sent a request for further information under CPR 31.14 requesting copies of all documents disclosed in the claimants particulars of claim.
    9. The Claimant's have not provided any information or documents at all.
    10. As the claim is statute barred, and the Claimants are in default of two formal requests under the Consumer Credit Act I contend they are not entitled to enforce any debt owed under the agreement.
    11. The claim is denied.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X