• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Cabot Financial (Uk) Ltd / Lloyds - 22-12-2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim - Cabot Financial (Uk) Ltd / Lloyds - 22-12-2014

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 22-12-2014
    Amount approx: 14570.23
    Claimant: Cabot Financial (Uk) Ltd
    Solicitor: Restons
    Original Credit: Lloyds

Particulars of Claim:
    The Claimant claims payment of the overdue balances (set out below) which the Defendant(s) have failed to pay under contracts with the following particulars
    acc no XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Acc no xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx between the defendant(s) and Lloyds Bank dated on or about Nov 13 2007 and Oct 16 2008 respectively. The contracts were assigned to the Claimant on Jul 18 2014 and Jul 18 2014 respectively

Particulars-
    acc no XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    acc no xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date Item Value
    12/11/2014 Default balance 7851.71
    12/11/2014 Default Balance 6208.52

Total 14060.23

Stat Barred? No

Have sent: Acknowledged the Claim, Sent a CCA request, Sent a CPR 31.14 request

Other Info:
    Tags: None

Re: Court Claim - Cabot Financial (Uk) Ltd / Lloyds - 22-12-2014

Hi Welcome
    What type of accounts are these?,

Comment

I believe one was a credit card and the other was a loan. I was going through a sticky divorce and was made redundant at the time and can't really remember too much about it tbh.

Comment

Are these accounts still on the credit reference files?

Did you make sure that there are two separate CCA requests for the debts 2x£1.00 statutory fees are payable?

Comment

Yes - I sent 2 x £1 postal orders instead of 1 x £2 to Cabot and I sent both that and the letter to Restons 1st class signed for.

I also used Noodle to have a look at my credit report as suggested on this forum.

Needless to say I have no chance of repaying £14.5k if I lose - I'm 61 and due to retire on nothing in 2 years. Not only that, but what doesn't show on my credit report is a £20,500 debt for a mortgage. Long story but joint mortage - ex wouldn't sell or move out - property repossessed - sold for less that owed on it - ex went bankrupt - BOOM joint debts all mine. They've left me alone for over 4 years and not communicated at all.

Since 2010 I have been made redundant twice - now earn around 60% of what I used to - was a carer for my elderly mother (who has now passed away but she lived with me for two years) and had to deal with a nasty ex. None of which matters in the eyes of the law but it sort of explains how I came to end up in this position.

Comment

Also - the debts show as owed to Cabot NOT Lloyds and as being in default since July 2014.

Comment

Ok, On the Mortgage matter is it possible that this was taken fully in to account on your ex,'s bankruptcy?
              I you should loose a judge will not order you to pay more than you can reasonably afford even if that is £1.00 per month.
              What default dates show for these accounts on the Noddle files?

Comment

July 2014 - and as for the mortgage - they did chase me for about 12 months so I contacted my ex's insolvecy practitioner because I knew nothing about his bankruptcy. Again long story but it was not taken into account in his bankruptcy and the whole debt was transferred to me. I did tell them that I could do nothing and couldn't pay. they also kept writing to both of us at my address, for I reprimanded them.I also asked for a full breakdown but they didn't send any answers to my letters.

Comment

I presume this is the shortfall on the repo sale?

That 2014 date would appear to be the date Cabot acquired the account not the default date Lloyds would have defaulted prior to selling the debt.

Comment

Mortgage: Yep - well I assume so - I did ask for a breakdown but never received one.

With regard to the defaults - yes it is Cabot and there is no mention of Lloyds for these two debts on my credit report.

I'm waiting to check the signed for dates from tomorrow and will start counting the days from then.

One thing I did notice though - the letter to Restons said they had 7 days (one week) to supply copy contracts, yet the letter to Cabot says 12 working days (two and a half weeks). Are these correct?

Comment

The statutory time scale is 12 + 2 working days ( no weekends or bank hols counted).

The default date does not seem correct July 2014 would be the date Cabot bought the debt, please confirm date
                      It's not the date the files were updated.

Comment

Yes - you are correct - default dates are 24th and 29th Feb 2012.

Comment

Also both state Mrs - but I'm not - I'm now a Miss.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuff55 View Post
                            Also both state Mrs - but I'm not - I'm now a Miss.
                            Ok, Were these accounts joint or in your name only, it is not unknown for banks to get paid out on a BR and then chase the joint debtor for payment.

Comment

I suspect both in my name only. I was working and well paid in 2007/8. I was at the latter end of 2008 that my ex and I separated and I lost my job for the first time.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X