• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Cabot Financial (Uk) Ltd / Lloyds - 22-12-2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - Cabot Financial (Uk) Ltd / Lloyds - 22-12-2014

Marlins or Cabot ? CPR 31.14 or s.78 ? Arse or Elbow ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Precisely AND there are two claims rolled into one - neither of which were detailed on the court papers. This letter states credit card.......

You'd think they might put some effort in - or maybe they;re really really busy frightening people.....

Comment

Haha - I've just realised - in their 2nd letter to me Restons said they were confused. Well clearly because they're even confused about the creditor now... Cabot or Marlin... ummmmmmm

Comment

Just a quick FYI - today I will post my letter to the FCA about Cabot's 40 day nonsense. It's all good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuff55 View Post
            Just a quick FYI - today I will post my letter to the FCA about Cabot's 40 day nonsense. It's all good to go.
            Excellent Nuff, I've noticed that Cabot have been " modifying " some of the 40 day letters so the more it is reported the better it will be I think.

nem

Comment

Is something going on with Cabot do you think ? I'm seeing an awful lot of cases being assigned to Marlin halfway through court claims the last week or so.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

No idea - I thought they'd just made an error OR they are all connected in some way and can't cope with the flurry of activity they've created.

Can they change the creditor - surely that means that everyone will have written to the wrong company for the CCA stuff?

Comment

Same group of companies so my guess is that Cabot may carry on business as a " Debt Purchaser" and use Marlin/Restons to collect and manage the portfolio (s) of debt.
                  Backed by a US bank so could also be under pressure from that area as well.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                    Is something going on with Cabot do you think ? I'm seeing an awful lot of cases being assigned to Marlin halfway through court claims the last week or so.
                    Sane group now so perhaps Cabot is reverting to "debt purchase " activities and using Marlin / Reston to collect and manage the portfolio (s).
                    And or Pressure perhaps from its US bank masters.
                    The level of litigation is unprecedented.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                      Maybe you want to look at the effect you guys are having on Cabot et al. Although each debt purchase is for peanuts the costs of dragging to claim stage and having the whole thing go tits up will be hurting... Bet they are modifying their tactics... These American funds like big paybacks and any investment cash comes on that basis alone.... Bet your efforts are slowly rippling across the Atlantic..... :tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

That'd be nice
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

I'm off to see my local MP in a couple of weeks - not about my case I hasten to add - but I find it quite staggering that debt purchasers and Utility companies have no regard for the utter turmoil they bring upon people - and in 99% of cases it's all because the consumer has fallen on bad times for one reason or another.

I don't believe anyone stops paying their dues on a whim - it's always because they have hit hard times. But these idiots are unscrupulous and uncaring and it's time we struck back.

I've already fought and won with EDF for not listening to me - I'm currently taking on British gas and Severn Trent - not in court but they just refuse to listen to consumers. Big business is rotten.

End of rant. :tung:

Comment

Having taken look through Cabot's "achievements" and growth last year including the acquisition of the Marlin Group it would appear that the group is in a very healthy state.

There is no indication as to why Cabot is resorting to litigation even for relatively small debts, although it may be that the pending
                            rise in the BR threshold has prompted the rise in litigation for debts of £5K +.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                              Having taken look through Cabot's "achievements" and growth last year including the acquisition of the Marlin Group it would appear that the group is in a very healthy state.

There is no indication as to why Cabot is resorting to litigation even for relatively small debts, although it may be that the pending
                              rise in the BR threshold has prompted the rise in litigation for debts of £5K +.

nem
                              Company's are great at being Healthy when they are being invested in..... They will be all too aware of this websites capabilities.. They will have a VIP member mark my words....:tongue2:

Comment

Think about it... Even bearing in mind these organisations have in-house employees the legal staff are still going to be paid at a minimum of 20 pounds an hour (probably a lot more). By you take the time to sort out the letter before action, filling in claim THEN you lot appear on the horizon like an angry horde brandishing your burning torches and pitchforks.... Next thing they are having to cobble together requests for information, CCA requests, actually going to the trouble of presenting claims etc etc plus costs... They will have an algorithm for calculating at purchase a set rate of return.It's a bit like being an insurance underwriter..... As soon as you guys start upsetting the applecart the original risks used to calculate purchase is as worthless as a credit card debt with a chocolate credit card agreement... Even small losses when they become pervasive can create a total industry wide structural flaw in their little industry.... Or as I call it.... HAR HAR HAR.....:tongue2:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X