• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Frederickson International 'Letter Before Action' in title only? Bailiffs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frederickson International 'Letter Before Action' in title only? Bailiffs?

I have received a letter from Frederickson International about debt which is less than £500 stating that it is a LETTER BEFORE ACTION when I had not received a letter before the letter before action to even make any of this known to me. I actually cannot find anything official in this letter to begin with. If they are going to take action, well, I have found no evidence of this in that the only date on the letter is the date it was purportedly sent. The only other word that's in bold in the entire letter is bailiffs. :tung:

If they were actually to investigate this debt before sending me the letter (I'm sure that would be a first for the Freds) I could most likely argue against at least the interest from the original company before the debt had been sold. It's pretty questionable in a lot of ways to begin with. In the shared house I just left, I found that one of my two housemates had been messing with my broadband account (as I was the account holder) as well as my Amazon Prime account and even my PayPal account. I'd dealt with CDUK once before that tenancy which represented 3 months or debate (or should I say being given ultimatums?) and I finally got it reduced. The second time was also during this tenancy, but having a better idea of my rights and who Improved Financial Services actually were, it suddenly became much easier. Now I'm looking for some perspective as to how to deal with Frederickson.

I have another piece of debt from that period, as well. This one is being "handled" by SRJ Debt Recoveries Ltd, who seem to be the people right below Frederickson who work only in terms of scaremongering, as I can find no evidence that they are registered as a DCA which is why I choose to ignore them. If they did look into that one they'd find it is actually legally invalid debt. After it had gone to collections and been passed on, I was able to work out an arrangement with the company and allowed to back out of my the other [legal] contract I had with them without further penalty. I just put this across to you all for perspective on my 'debt' and just in case SRJ can move this up a notch to Freds, if this is possible I'd like to have it made known to me. I shall get back to the point, however.

All this LBA Freds have sent me really seems to say is that 'there is a lot we could do and if we decide to move forward with this we're not going to tell you a whole lot about the process' which seems typical. I've been looking through relevant legislation, but it's like playing connect-the-dots between articles and even between acts. I could really do with guidance as to this one. I don't expect anyone is actually going to send over bailiffs for an amount that small, not when I don't see how they might be able to trump it up all that quickly, if at all. I'd just like to get this matter sorted with the smallest amount of letter writing possible.

I'll outline a few point which might help elucidate matters:
    1. I'm long term sick and disabled with a diagnosis of schizophrenia currently receiving middle-rate DLA
    2. I've had to move due to emotional stress factors present in my environment that pertained mostly to housemate #1 and other factors in my previous tenancy
    3. I'm starting to get into work part-time and I'm strapped for cash enough as it is, and strapped time as well, quite frankly
    4. I've been acutely psychotic twice in a single year, by now, which is a first even for me
    5. I question as to how much of this debt can be disputed, as some of it has to do with hm#1 impersonating me to my broadband provider and possibly forging my signature at least once

* In relation to point 5, is there anything with this which would be useful in this case? It involved hm#1 screwing with my accounts and making changes which affected my finances through the ISP (I've resolved matters with them over great time and stress, had to speak to two managers and some sort of supervisor, though) and as to point 4, I'd prefer not to play the 'mental health card' if at all possible... but I am aware it could make the difference between black vs. red print letters at very least.

So fundamentally, I suppose I could do with knowing both what I have to work with and what I have to have pay attention to. I am unsure of the postal date of this letter means I must make some sort of response 28 days from that point (not that I have been encouraged to do anything other than set up a payment on fredpay.com, strangely) or if it actually means anything at all, at this point. I'd be quite apt to go the long route in dealing with this and have it work out to my greater satisfaction, but I am not sure I actually have the time to do this, these days.

All advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
    Tags: None

Re: Frederickson International 'Letter Before Action' in title only? Bailiffs?

Hiya, Is this the same debt http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...630#post481630 or an entirely seperate issue ? (just to check whether to read back through those posts as well for further history) Is this one for the broadband account only ? Who is the original creditor ?

Freds don't tend to bring court claims themselves but it might be a good idea to photograph the letter and blank out your name/address/reference etc and post it up here. Will really help with replying (or not).
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Frederickson International 'Letter Before Action' in title only? Bailiffs?

It is slightly different, yes. I knew what the one canvasing letter from SRJ was about, but I expected the canvasing letter from Freds to be in support of that. The one from Freds is about a different piece of 'debt'. The one from SRJ they obviously don't have a leg to stand on, and I would think they know that, the one from Freds, as I say, if they were to look into it they'd find that it is highly negotiable. It's all been problems that existed in my previous tenancy after I found out one of my two ex-housemates had gotten into my Amazon Prime account and I locked him out of it... after I moved I found he'd also gotten into my PayPal account and just about everything other than my bank account. This spells out my frustration on this one and why I am not particularly apt to negotiate with Freds while they're not playing things by the books and hoping I won't notice... why as the consensus seems to be is standard fare for the Lowell Group. I'll get the letter scanned and I did send you a private message about this if you have the time to check, Amethyst.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X