• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - marlin europe / egg - 17-10-2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim - marlin europe / egg - 17-10-2014

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 17-10-2014
    Amount approx: £8300
    Claimant: marlin europe
    Solicitor: mortimer clarke
    Original Credit: egg

Particulars of Claim:
    by an agreement between EGG banking plc and the defendant on or around 2003,egg issued a credit card to the defendant,in breach of of the agreement the defendant failed to make the minimum payments due and the agreement was terminated, the agreement was assigned to the claimant on 31/01/2013
    the claiman claims 1.£5397.82
    2.interest section 69 £2420 .62 of the county court act

Stat Barred? No

Have sent: Acknowledged the Claim

Other Info:
    last payment was 2009 and im sure i applied online and never signed any agreement as never return them
    Tags: None

Re: Court Claim - marlin europe / egg - 17-10-2014

If Marlin don't even know when the account was opened then its likely they won't be able to produce adequate paperwork for the agreement. Usually DCAs don't bother to get the agreements from the original creditors, but they at leasy have a record of the agreement data.

Have you sent off CCA and CPR requests?
    What happened with the default and assignment processes?
    Are there charges added on to this account?

Comment

Hi would only just allow me to reply even thou i could post, ive done the aos and tomo im going to send the cca and cpr,s off, just not sure what my defence would be, Im sure ive never signed any agreement and ive never been one to return them,my default year was 2009, and was wondering what was best for defence as this agreement was 2003 so wasnt sure what the pre 2007 I keep seeing on here is, thanks

Comment

Hi would only just allow me to reply even thou i could post, they put a on or around 23/03.2003 on court paper sorry ive done the aos and tomo im going to send the cca and cpr,s off, just not sure what my defence would be, Im sure ive never signed any agreement and ive never been one to return them,my default year was 2009, and was wondering what was best for defence as this agreement was 2003 so wasnt sure what the pre 2007 I keep seeing on here is, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by john1975 View Post
          Hi would only just allow me to reply even thou i could post, they put a on or around 23/03.2003 on court paper sorry ive done the aos and tomo im going to send the cca and cpr,s off, just not sure what my defence would be, Im sure ive never signed any agreement and ive never been one to return them,my default year was 2009, and was wondering what was best for defence as this agreement was 2003 so wasnt sure what the pre 2007 I keep seeing on here is, thanks
          The importance of 6 April 2007 is that that's when the CCA 2006 changed a lot of the details from the 1974 one. In particular, for regulated loans started after that date it became possible for firms to send reconstructed copies of the agreements valid at the time they started, where previously they were obliged to send true copies of the original agreements. That makes it much easier for firms to comply with legal requirements and in any case, from about 2006 onwards banks and DCAs started keeping better records.

In your case the agreement started in 2003, so to sue for this debt they need to produce a valid copy of the original agreement signed that conforms with all of the prescribed terms. Until they respond to your letters we don't know what they will produce, but the fact that the POC doesn't even know what year it started suggests that they can't access the original agreement.

If you have acknowledged service then get the CCA and CPR letters of asap and check here if you aren't sure what to say. Then its a waiting game until they respond, but you need to watch the dates for submitting the defence.

Comment

hi all sent now so hopefully see how it goes, so scary as not heard out for years and was hoping the 6 years would get here and then statue barr them so can get my life back, legal advice from some firms is so depressing as there not interested, I have had a ex fraudently put her name on my mortgage and have a recorded phone call to prove and couldnt do anything with a solictor, a unsecured loan to which got me a ccj and a charging order and I paid my dmp to block it and they was still getting paid at the time, it was only beacuse i rang them to say ive lost my job i ended up getting the summons, just all so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Kafka View Post
              The importance of 6 April 2007 is that that's when the CCA 2006 changed a lot of the details from the 1974 one. In particular, for regulated loans started after that date it became possible for firms to send reconstructed copies of the agreements valid at the time they started, where previously they were obliged to send true copies of the original agreements. That makes it much easier for firms to comply with legal requirements and in any case, from about 2006 onwards banks and DCAs started keeping better records.
              Actually, it is possible for firms to send recons also for pre-2007 accounts, after the ruling on Carey v HSBC.

S.127 of the CCA 1974 was repealed with effect from April 2007. That section prevented the court from making an enforcement order without a properly executed agreement containing all the prescribed terms. That means for accounts opened after that date, the court has discretion to enforce even without a proper agreement.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X