• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - MKDP / Morgan Stanley / Barclaycard - 29-5-2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - MKDP / Morgan Stanley / Barclaycard - 29-5-2014

Yeah I think I have to "file" and "serve" (see I'm learning!) my documents some time in January. I assume theirs is the same.

Ok then I'll have a look through the two docs and see what I can find.

Do you know if MS are obliged to respond to my SAR letter??

Comment

Yes they are, if they hold any information about you they must respond to your SAR. - https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/personal-information

File = send to the court
      Serve = send to the other party
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

So as they haven't responded do you think it would be foolish to assume they have no information on me and possibly rely on that??

I've had a look through the terms and all the dates and rates seem to match up with the signed copy and one of them actually has MSDW printed on it :-(

Comment

Filing and serving documents

The documents I must file and serve, I this merely the evidence or should there be some sort of statement of defence too?
          Is there a formal or preferred way to do this?

Thanks

Comment

Re: Filing and serving documents

What matter are you dealing with please?
            Is the county court?

Comment

Yes, sorry.
              Hearing is in 4 weeks docs deadline is next week.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...card-29-5-2014

Comment

So reading back through all the paperwork I guess I should have submitted a full formal defence "no later than 28 days from the date of service" as per the claim form.
                They should make that clearer! I thought at that stage it was just the basics they wanted.

I still need to file my documents anyway.

Comment

Twin I think you have already another thread on this.
                  I'll ask the site team to merge them,
                  It will be easier to advise.

Comment

Could someone tell me what the legal costs might accumulate to if I lose this case.
                    Last edited by Twin; 16th January 2015, 10:41:AM.

Comment

Anyone.....

Comment

If you lost in court you could get costs against you, very difficult to say in small claims as it massively depends on the Judge on the day and who the claimant sends to the court ( if it is a barrister it could be £1200, if it's a local rep could be £250 ).

Basically if you don't feel confident with the arguments or your case, then negotiate settlement under a Tomlin Order.
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                        X