• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Restons refusal to provide documentation.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restons refusal to provide documentation.

Hi.

My wife recently received a court claim from Restons in relation to an old credit card we thought had been paid. I often read this forum so sent them CPR 31.14 request, too which they are refusing to provide any documentation. I have uploaded the letter.

What I requested was the usual, copy of agreement, default notice, terms and conditions and deed / notice of assignment. Seems like a strange response.

Would be glad if anybody could help.
    Attached Files
    Servo Fides
    Tags: None

Re: Restons refusal to provide documentation.

Hiya xx

Did you also send a CCA request to the creditor?

The response you have from Restons, sadly, is quite standard.

Could you type out the original particulars of claim from the claim form.

Thanks xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by maruvian View Post
      Hi.

My wife recently received a court claim from Restons in relation to an old credit card we thought had been paid. I often read this forum so sent them CPR 31.14 request, too which they are refusing to provide any documentation. I have uploaded the letter.

What I requested was the usual, copy of agreement, default notice, terms and conditions and deed / notice of assignment. Seems like a strange response.

Would be glad if anybody could help.
      Did you ask the original creditor for a copy of the C.C.A.,and send a one pound postal order with it.

Comment

The POc are as follows, The claimant claims payment of the overdue balance due from the Defendant(s) under a contract between the Defendant(s) and Vanquis dated on or about 29/01/2008 and assigned to the Claimant on 14/02/2012 in the sum of £361.06.

Particulars a/c no xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Restons have also sent me details of a case relating to somebody else.

Do I still need to send CCa request?
        Servo Fides

Comment

Doesn't that break the data protection act ???

Comment

The POc are as follows, The claimant claims payment of the overdue balance due from the Defendant(s) under a contract between the Defendant(s) and Vanquis dated on or about 29/01/2008 and assigned to the Claimant on 14/02/2012 in the sum of £361.06.

Particulars a/c no xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Do I still need to send CCa request?
            Yes send the CCA request to the claimant.

If you have contact details of the other person, forward them the documents on, and I would email Restons about their error, cc it to the ICO, and tell them you have forwarded the documents on to the correct person.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X