• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCBC claim form received from DRYSDENSFAIRFAX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCBC claim form received from DRYSDENSFAIRFAX

Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by SAMSUNG View Post
      Hi just doing my letters, on the CPR31.14 request one what date should i put for filing my defence on? The issue date for the claim is 16 june and i have submitted my AOS. My reckoning is that it would be the 19th july but this is a saturday or does that even matter. Thanks in advance.
      Issue Date 16th June - plus 5 days for service then 28 days allowed - 19th July - so yes put that - it's a 'by' date anyway so you'd enter on the Friday before.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Ok letters sent today. Interestingly i had a letter yesterday regarding my mystery £10 payment I make every month it was from from Lowells (mentioned on here frequently) the debt transpires to be from capital 1. Naturally they want higher payments but I think £10 is all I can afford. What made me chuckle though was that in the same post was a letter from Capital 1 trying to entice me into getting another credit card:tinysmile_hmm_t2:.

Comment

Ok hi people, I sent the letters well over a week a ago and both were signed for the next day. As yet I have had no reply to either of them could anyone tell me what my next step would be? Many thanks.

Comment

Ok I have had now had response for both of my letters. I am going to try and scan them and attach them on here.

At first I thought the arrow global response looked quite promising but after a quick google it seems to just be a standard response aiming to trick you into not doing anything.

Please could someone advise me as to what I should do next? As time is ticking away and I only have few days before the date of the hearing in which I can dedicate much time to this.

Kind regards.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by SAMSUNG; 11th July 2014, 00:48:AM.

Comment

Yep, general holding letters, next step is to contact Drydens and ask if they will agree to an extension of the date for filing your defence, to allow them time to get the documents to you and you to consider and enter your defence/admission - Parties are entitled to agree and extension to the defence date for up to 28 days.

If they don't supply documents within that time period you will be entering a defence based on non compliance with the consumer credit act sec 77/78 (most likely) or an application to order inspection of the documents under CPR 31.14.

Once you have their agreement you tell the court in writing (email is fine).

If they refuse, we enter a defence or application, so first step is to ask them. They might argue they've said they will put it on hold, but they started the court claim and therefore set the timescales, and they should have had the information and documents in place before bringing the claim,.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thankyou for your reply. Would it be ok to ask for an extension via Email, or would a phone call be better?

Comment

Phone is fine, ask them to email you their agreement to it so you can inform the court in writing.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Right I devoted my lunch-break to phoning up Drydens today to ask for an extension. After being passed around a bit I got through to their legal department. The chap I spoke to was adamant that I need need do nothing as the case was on hold. He also said it would most likely be stayed. He did in the end agree to a two week extension and has sent me an email confirming this.

Could you please tell me the address at the court that I need to send this to, and what other details do I need to include In my message? Also does it matter that they only agreed to 14 days and not 28?

Also Is it to late to send this email to the court on Wednesday ?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by SAMSUNG; 14th July 2014, 21:33:PM.

Comment

Just read another post on here it seems I should have maybe been more insistent on a 28 day extension. Whoops.

Comment

two weeks is ok, its really so you can demonstrate to the court you did all in your power to find out the info before submitting a defence.

You can email the court that theres agreement between parties for a 14 day extension of the defence filing date under CPR 15.5 : head the email with claimants name v your name claim number xxxxxxx .... email address is ccbcdefendants@ .. damn forgotten and on tablet so pain to get it .... Google ccbcdefendants and it should come up hmcs.gsi.gov ... something like that.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                          two weeks is ok, its really so you can demonstrate to the court you did all in your power to find out the info before submitting a defence.

You can email the court that theres agreement between parties for a 14 day extension of the defence filing date under CPR 15.5 : head the email with claimants name v your name claim number xxxxxxx .... email address is ccbcdefendants@ .. damn forgotten and on tablet so pain to get it .... Google ccbcdefendants and it should come up hmcs.gsi.gov ... something like that.
                          ccbcdefendants@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Comment

Ahh well I was pretty close... just the odd t and uk missing, lol, thanks flaming parrot xxxxxxxxx
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Right thanks for the help so far, I could not thank you more. Just want to ask if I should be confirming with the court type people whether they have actually received and understood my wish for an extension as the dates are very close? I did get an automated response saying they have received email but it also says it could take upto 10 days to acknowledge that they have understood. Hmmm probably to late to be worrying about it .

Comment

Ok, hi people. Could anybody tell me what I should be doing now with this. I agreed a 2 week extension with drydens which would take me upto the end of this week. Just phoned ccbc to enquire what was happening as I have not received any acknowledgment that my email has been accepted but they said it has not been 10 days yet. She also said the claimant has not taken any further action and it was down to them if they wanted to proceed.
                                Do you think arrow really have put this on hold whilst they are trying to obtain the documents requested? or are the just going to try and get default judgement whilst I'm not paying attention.

Anyway what should I be doing next? Should I be thinking about entering a defence? And If so what would my defence be?
                                Your help will be very much appreciated. (Sorry lots of questions)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X