• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

*Discontinued* Lowells, Fredrickson and Bryan Carter - Land of Leather- Advise Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowells, Fredrickson and Bryan Carter - Land of Leather- Advise Please

Had a thought while typing the below - I think the 'stat barred doesn't come in till the end of the agreement' is wrong still, however, if the agreement, if it exists which it does not as it is fraudulent, was for 3 years interest free credit and you need make no payments until the end of the itnerest free payment, ie. where you buy the sofa and don't pay anything for the first 3 years they start charging you interest, or you can chose to pay it off within those three years without being charged any interest, it would be the case that cause of action wouldn't kick in till 3 months after the interest/payment free period ended.

Might be over thinking.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1: I received the claim [Claim Number] from the Northampton County Court Business Centre on 24th October 2014

2: This claim is for a Hire Purchase agreement regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

3: It is denied that the Defendant has entered into an agreement with Creation Finance. The Defendant purchased a sofa from Land of Leather on an interest free basis. No agreement was signed or entered into between the Defendant and Creation Finance.

4: It is the Defendants belief that the last payment and acknowledgement on the account was over 6 years ago and accordingly considers the debt to be statute barred by virtue of Section 5 of the Limitation Act 1980.

5. On the xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 2014 the Defendant sent a formal request for a copy of any original agreement to xxxxxxxxxxx pursuant to section 78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 along with the statutory £1 fee.

6. No documents have been sent to the Defendant. The Claimant has failed to comply with my request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and by virtue of such cannot enforce the agreement if one so exists.

7. The Defendant denies the Claimant is entitled to claim the relief claimed or at all.

Statement of Truth

The Defendant believes that the facts stated in this Defence are true.

Signed …………………………………………

Dated .................................................. ....
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by molly001 View Post
      Please could someone in the know cast your eyes over this attachment and see if it is okay ??? :tinysmile_twink_t2: cheers Moll
      Ahh crossed posts with you sorry. will have a read of that.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi Amethyst, it was 12 months interest free not 3 years . Started to get demands July Aug 2007 x:tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

F*ck 'em then

Few amendments needed on your version, you couldn't paste the text in here could you? ( save me retyping it)
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Lowells, Fredrickson and Bryan Carter - Land of Leather- Advise Please
            On my tablet struggling to load anything re attached my file ? :tinysmile_grin_t:
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              F*ck 'em then

Few amendments needed on your version, you couldn't paste the text in here could you? ( save me retyping it)

Have I done it okay ? :tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

Okay.

Para 2 - ok

Para 3 - re-read the last sentence it's missing a word at the end.

Para 4 - ok

PAra 5: I believe that due to the facts stated in the above paragraphs 3 and 4, any alleged debt is statute barred by virtue of s.5 Limitations Act 1980.

add in a para here: Should the Claimant dispute this is the case I respectfully ask the court to hold them to strict proof of the date of any payment and method by which is was made.

Para 6 Ok

PAra 7 - change to 31.14 ( not 31.12) - I would also split the request under the CPR and the request under the CCA up into two separate paragraphs.

PAra 8. first sentence doesn't really make sense. second sentence ok but should be in para on its own.

Para 9 yes

PAra 10: It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief as claimed, or at all. (ie. no need to repeat the stat barred bit)

(Sorry was more than I thought)
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Many many thanks Amethyst do I send copies of correspondence . The ones requesting documented proof ? X

Comment

Not with the defence, those will go later with your witness statements ( in a couple months time probably)
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thank you so very much :tinysmile_grin_t moll

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                        Not with the defence, those will go later with your witness statements ( in a couple months time probably)
                        Good day ,
                        I have now received notification from Bryan Carter that they intend to proceed . They have sent two letters. One includes a "Tomlin Order" without prejudice and to save costs ? . They belive they have a good prospect of winning

Is this their normal practice ? I have a full file of all docs including the original credit agreement that was NOT signed by us along with the forged copy done by the salesman .
                        Information as to this cause of action and whether anyone thinks they will follow through ?
                        Many thanks Moll

Comment

Notification from the court. It is going to the small claims division . I have the option of arbitration ?? Court or moving from the small claims to other providing I can give a good reason ? Bryan Carter want the mediation route . the fact remains it is S B'd .I have till Jan 9 to respond ! What on earth do I do and what option am I left with . Festive cheer so dampened please you good people out there can you give me some good advise .... many thanks . Molly

Comment

in similar position molly and praying someone will help me on here! good luck xxx

Comment

Originally posted by debs65 View Post
                              in similar position molly and praying someone will help me on here! good luck xxx
                              Hi Debs,
                              I am going to refuse mediation. Ask for it to be moved to County Court as the claimant has not provided documented evidence despite my request and payment , they stated they do not have to in a small claim court . They have to produce an original credit agreement as per my request and payment which of course they have to in a county court . I think ?

Comment

I don't know what to do!! sent cca and cpr requests 5th November to BC and Lowell. Flled in defence. Got letter xmas eve form BC stating had made one off £1 payment 1st Dec 2009 (obviously a £1 p.o. payment for cca to one of their partners at time) along with a reconstituted copy of CCA. On new years eve got letter notice of proposed allocation and Nc180 forms and desperate for advice as to what to do now! not got long! got me ill as well! it has to be statute barred.... nothing on my credit report! its like I'm taking one step forward and 2 steps back with these people! think I will tick mediation to buy time to attain more evidence if no-one advises me otherwise on here. feel bad keep asking for help on here but my don't know what else to do x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X