• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MKDP County Court claim on Barclaycard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MKDP County Court claim on Barclaycard

Aww bless your heart. I know how you feel, it's quite an intense experience if you're not used to that kind of thing, bet you're actually quite proud of yourself Sounds like a fun hearing with a decent Judge. 21 days after getting the documents is pretty good, so as soon as you get them get them posted up and we'll see what you can do. You should get something in writing from the court over the next week just listing out the directions he gave.

Can you post up the agreement you have received already as that will help matters (although the 'ipad' docs might have included a recon of the illegible terms so we won't really know till you get them)

Congratulations so far xxxxxxxxxx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you also much mention that the judge said to provide a correct credit agreement and the advocate spluttered a bit and said would a reconstituted agreement be fine ? The Judge said yes but that will bring its own problems wont it ?

If you look back in my posts they have given me a recon agreement already but it was mostly illegible !!

Comment

You reckon the recon was illegible? Could you post a copy up pls. USually its the original that's illegible and they recon to make it readable.

Sounds like you had a brilliant Judge - wish they were all like that.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Gettingthereslow View Post
          Hi Again

I have finally been able to upload the recon agreement receieved from MKDP . I would be grateful if you could give me your opinion as to the vailidiity .
          Hi this was the agreement I recieved if you look at my post dated 9th May

Comment

Originally posted by Gettingthereslow View Post
            Hi Again

I have finally been able to upload the recon agreement receieved from MKDP . I would be grateful if you could give me your opinion as to the vailidiity .

Attached Files

Ahh yes. It is the original and a recon of the terms but the recon is almost as bad as the original....and it is only the terms leaflet not the signed agreement. As M1 pointed out that wouldn't cut it under http://legalbeagles.info/wp-content/...Bachellier.pdf
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi Again . Quick question If I may . How long does it normally take for directions ( I think that is the term ) from the judge take to be issued after the hearing ? It is just that I have heard nothing since last Tuesday and MKDP were supposed to provide documents by the 13th October . ( i know this has not passed yet but wondered if I should have had at least the court documents by now )

Many thanks

Comment

Hi Again . finally recieved the paperwork from the Court late last week . MKDP had a deadline of 4pm today to provide the infomation but you guessed it nothing has appeared ( despite them claiming they had everything) . What do I do now ? Do I chase them or just wait for them to comply and if they dont by the 4th November ( when I have to submit a defence ) then go ahead and submit my defence on the basis of no infomation despite court order ?

Comment

Bump please

Comment

Bump Can anyone assist please ?

Comment

ring the court to-morrow and see if they have complied with the deadline! to the court?

if not next step by due november date can be advised on here? sure others will advise.

Comment

Hi

I phoned through to the court and they have advised me that MKDP have not submitted anything to the court as of today . What do I do now . I was advised to write to the court advising them of this . How do I go about doing this ?

Many thanks

Comment

Anybody please?

Comment

Difficult one that, if the party hasnt complied with the Courts order then it may be appropriate to make an application to the Court depending on the breach of the rules.

IF a party doesnt serve witness evidence in accordance with the rules then he will be barred from adducing that evidence and will need to apply to the Court for relief from sanctions, this is clear from the Civil procedure rules.
                            I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Thanks . Would it be worth writing to the court explaining they have missed the 13th October deadline and because of that I will not be able to submit my defence by the 4th November ( as per the court ruling)? Or would I apply for it to be struck out ( of possible?)

Comment

YEs write to the court. Eskimo posted an example the other day will see if I can find it.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...486#post483486

and have a read through a bit of the end of that thread which might give you some guidance xx

We should still enter your defence by the 4th Nov though, just in case.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X