• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help!! Received a court claim form from MKDP re M & S Financial Services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help!! Received a court claim form from MKDP re M & S Financial Services

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
    I've just read back and found that this was a storecard turned into a credit card, so I'd say you should have the good prospects of a successful defence part well covered. :grin: :grin:
    Unfortunately it was a personal reserve account so I'm not sure how I stand. I phoned the court this morning and they said it takes seven days for them to respond or have records on file of the hearing so I guess I have to wait until I hear further :tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

Hi Amethyst

I received all of the documents from MKDP together with their witness statementthe day after the hearing, which at the time I thought was odd. Today Ireceived a general form of judgement or order stating the following:

“The judge heard a representative for theclaimant and read a letter and statement of evidence from the defendant (noticeof hearing having been given to the defendant who failed to attend or berepresented) and made the following order:

Uponthe Defendant having filed and served evidence in the form of her signedwritten statement and upon the court noting that the Defendant has requesteddisclosure of documents relevant to the case including the credit agreementfrom which the alleged debt is said to have arisen, a copy of the notice ofassignment, the default notice and any formal demand.

And upon the Claimant having filed andserved no evidence to date notwithstanding the court’s order of 5thSeptember 2014 and not having given disclosure of the documents requested,

IT IS ORDERED THAT:

1. This hearing isadjourned to 14th January 2015 at 10:00am with a time estimate ofone hour 30 minutes.

Not later than 17thNovember 2014 the Claimant shall send to the Defendant and to the Court asigned statement of evidence in response to that filed by the Defendant. Anydocuments that the Claimant wishes to rely upon in support must be exhibited tothe statement.

Not later than 1stDecember 2014 the Defendant shall send to the Claimant and to the Court anysigned statement of her own by way of response to the Claimant’s statement andwhich she wishes the court to consider. Any documents that the Defendant wishesto rely upon must be exhibited to her statement.

4. No further statementsof evidence may be relied upon without the court’s permission.

5. If the parties wishto pursue mediation and this cannot be completed before the date fixed forhearing of this case they must write to the court to request an adjournment ofthe hearing but must provide evidence that each party consents to mediation andto the adjournment."

Comment

Hi Amethyst

I received all of the documents from MKDP together with their witness statementthe day after the hearing, which at the time I thought was odd. Today Ireceived a general form of judgement or order stating the following:

“The judge heard a representative for theclaimant and read a letter and statement of evidence from the defendant (noticeof hearing having been given to the defendant who failed to attend or berepresented) and made the following order:

Uponthe Defendant having filed and served evidence in the form of her signedwritten statement and upon the court noting that the Defendant has requesteddisclosure of documents relevant to the case including the credit agreementfrom which the alleged debt is said to have arisen, a copy of the notice ofassignment, the default notice and any formal demand.

And upon the Claimant having filed andserved no evidence to date notwithstanding the court’s order of 5thSeptember 2014 and not having given disclosure of the documents requested,

IT IS ORDERED THAT:

1. This hearing isadjourned to 14th January 2015 at 10:00am with a time estimate ofone hour 30 minutes.

Not later than 17thNovember 2014 the Claimant shall send to the Defendant and to the Court asigned statement of evidence in response to that filed by the Defendant. Anydocuments that the Claimant wishes to rely upon in support must be exhibited tothe statement.

Not later than 1stDecember 2014 the Defendant shall send to the Claimant and to the Court anysigned statement of her own by way of response to the Claimant’s statement andwhich she wishes the court to consider. Any documents that the Defendant wishesto rely upon must be exhibited to her statement.

4. No further statementsof evidence may be relied upon without the court’s permission.

5. If the parties wishto pursue mediation and this cannot be completed before the date fixed forhearing of this case they must write to the court to request an adjournment ofthe hearing but must provide evidence that each party consents to mediation andto the adjournment."

Comment

Having looked through the exhibits they filed with the witness statement, they have provided a template default notice and a template "Notice of intended legal action" from Keynes Collections (part of the Compello group Operations) so surely that in itself does not show proof that they have followed correct procedures if they haven't provided originals sent to me?

Comment

Hi Dizzy

Well that's better than you thought isn't it

Not later than 17th November 2014 the Claimant shall send to the Defendant and to the Court a signed statement of evidence in response to that filed by the Defendant. Any documents that the Claimant wishes to rely upon in support must be exhibited to the statement.

So that is good.

So, can you list the documents they have sent you or was it JUST the templated default notice and LBA ?
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Amethyst

Yes I am pleased that the judge has at least given me a chance and taken my requests in to consideration. Thanks to all your help xx

They also sent a copy of the original signed agreement and insist on calling it a credit card when it is actually a form of loan account and they sent some statements

Comment

Best post up or email me the copies of the agreement as that is the important(ist) bit.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Should I PM it to you or post it on here?

Comment

Here is best if you make sure you redact your personal details off it
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Attached is the agreement, it is the same as the example posted in your thread 29 :tinysmile_twink_t2:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dizzy View Post
                        Attached is the agreement, it is the same as the example posted in your thread 29 :tinysmile_twink_t2:

That looks totally illegible to me, surely that makes it non-compliant?

Comment

I have to say Legaleaglet, it isn't a very good copy but I can see my signature and all other details I filled in and I'm not sure if that would override the ineligibleness (if that's a word!!)

Comment

Hi Amethyst

I have posted up the agreement - thread 85 - thanks

Comment

Looks like if it were a better copy it would be legible and enforceable. So I would write and ask for a legible reconstruct of the agreement so you can assess your position and to meet their requirements under the CCA.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks Amethyst, what happens if they don't send anything before my deadline of 1st December?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X