• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

URGENT HELP PLEASE: Arrow Global County court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: URGENT HELP PLEASE: Arrow Global County court claim

Originally posted by Dizzy View Post
    This is the paragraph - do I send in all the documents I have received to date?
    Yes, so ready for sending on sayyyy 10th June, we'll put everything together, and your letters you have sent them (the CCA and CPR request) and write a witness statement for the case to date. I'll dig out an example as a starting point tmw then you can do a draft and we can work on it from there.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Ahhhhhhhhhhh
      A hearing fee of £335.00 is payable by 15 May by the claimant unless a counterclaim for a fee concession, failure to pay will result in the hearing being removed from the list - will be refunded if case is settled or discontinued before hearing date.
      that'll be why they paid and attempted to get you to settle, paying the hearing fee is quite worrying for people as they think that means they must have a good case if their willing to part with their £300 odd - but they didn't bother doing the paperwork properly as they probably expected you to settle. ( that's my theory anyway)
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thank you Amethyst, that is very kind. You are all very supportive and I am sorry if I panic but I was in this place a few years ago and Curlyben helped me enormously. The judge was very scary and praised me for the knowledge that I had but also belittled me and going through the whole process again is scaring the wits out of me!! I felt like I had been told of by the headmaster - luckily the judge asked for the matter to be agreed upon mutually outside of the court - which it was.

Thank you your help is invaluable as always

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          Ahhhhhhhhhhh that'll be why they paid and attempted to get you to settle, paying the hearing fee is quite worrying for people as they think that means they must have a good case if their willing to part with their £300 odd - but they didn't bother doing the paperwork properly as they probably expected you to settle. ( that's my theory anyway)
          That was my thoughts too, this time they thought wrong!!!

Comment

Just read your old Howard Cohen thread, sounds like you had a pernickity judge, the CCA was entirely relevant for starters....well, at least you know what to expect and things can only get better xx
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi Amethyst

I had a call from Arrow Global legal department yesterday but I ignored it, should I phone them back to find out what they want?

Comment

Umm yes might be worth giving them a call.

Didn't we have some sort of a deadline for 10th June?
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Sorry I have been very busy, I think we agreed that the witness statement be sent today as it is due in 13 June

Comment

Ahhh ok. I think we'll have to get it done tmw with all your documents. I'll have a read back through the thread.

Give the sols a call though and see what they want, they might be pulling out, never know your luck
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

I phone Arrow Global and they basically wanted to know if I received their letter dated 6 May - (settlement proposal) and they are sending a further one out today with a Tomlin and STO mandate. I asked them if I could pay £20/month instead of £50/month and they have given me a discount of £1,006 so I would have to repay £2,500 to them. They accepted my offer but I didn't say that I had accepted it but they said they were amending the mandate form and sending it out in the post today and would let the court know as soon as they have received it back.

Do you think I should go ahead with the offer? :decision:

Comment

Well its not a bad offer - for without a CCJ on a tomlin. It depends how much you like playing chess and whether you can afford to lose.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

I think the Howard Cohen case scared the wits out of me with the judge and I just went to jelly!!! I fear that the same thing would happen again if I had a similar judge in court!

Comment

Many thanks for all your help with this Amethyst, I just have a niggly feeling that the judge will take their side as they are offering a reduced payment, even though they haven't come up with the credit agreement :juge:

Comment

Well when you get the Tomlin, post it up and we'll check it's okay. Have to say although it may be they are offering the settlement because they don't have the docs, its a decent offer and you have no CCJ risk, it really depends on priorities and if priority is to not have a CCJ then go for it.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks Amethyst, I'll post up the Tomlin as soon as I receive it, I think it is the way forward as I would rather not have my name tarnished with a CCJ

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X