• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**CLAIM DISMISSED ** CCJ for old debt - have no idea what to do - court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CCJ for old debt - have no idea what to do - court claim

Don't know till you ask There's a costs risk if you go in on your own of course, even in small claims.

I'd prefer some input from M1 or PT regarding the agreement before we put together the defence either way. The case is weaker now they have supplied those documents but the agreement is from 1999 and there's no copy of the actual original.

Other options then...

If you wanted to negate any risks of costs you could try to negotiate a Tomlin Order with the Claimants but I think your circumstances are such that you couldn't make an high enough installment offer to be attractive to them, you'd use the flaws in their case to encourage them to accept.

Other wise you just go with an offer to pay over a defence backed up with your income and expenditure sheet so though you have a CCJ you have installments set at an affordable amount each month and they can't try any other enforcement.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Sorry I meant phoning paul ?

What do you think would be an attractive instalment ?
      Oh oh god this is such a nightmare
      ?

Sorry more questions x

Comment

Called paul waiting for a call back .. Fingers crossed am in
        pieces over this

Comment

Noooo, don't be in pieces, there's some bits there, although it isn't as strong as it was before they supplied those documents, and there is very little they can do to you even if the documents are compliant and they get the CCJ.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Oh amethyst you are so lovely ... I don't know what I would have done without you all in this. Your calm and professional assurance is a real gift !!

There is just so much going on at the moment it's all a bit much to deal with . I will wait for paul to call if he can , I know how busy he is !

Comment

You have done brilliantly so far, it's a bummer they have found some random terms which are from the right year, but its not the original agreement copy, and I very much doubt the default notice is true either as the dates don't add up. I'd just rather get a second opinion before we get writing on the defence. I know you're up against it time wise due to other factors so soon as we know which way we're going to take this we'll get on it.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Paul was brilliant .. Straight talking, no nonsense ! He's looking at the papers which is very kind. Feeling so much better now.

Have a work trip next week now too ...it's a perfect storm grrrrr

Comment

Ps anyone reading this take action on the letter before action ... It saves so much heart ache !

Comment

Phew. SO glad you feel better, sometimes it just takes a quick chat to set your mind at ease a little bit xxx
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yes ... You are amazing xoxo

Comment

Hi Amethyst

I have sent you a PM. Hope you dont mind

LLL:tongue2:

Comment

Okay - any thoughts on the defendable bits from Paul's end?
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi amethyst

defendable bits are :
                            the current terms appear to differ from the Default notice, the default states clause 2.2 ……. When one looks at clause 2.2 it appears inconsistent in the current terms with the Default notice.

non compliance with the orginAl s78 cca request ( am assuming that also means no signed agreement )

the fact that it was an affliated card and there is no mention of the name of the card or introductory offer rate which was from memory 0% which imply that the terms are not the right ones

Do you think it's worth putting a defence in ? Sorry doing this on the hoof today

k

Comment

Ps not mentioned but there is alls the dodgey default dates issue
                              x

Comment

2.2 terms and conditions of Current terms PDF ( which presumably is what the default notice would refer to rather than the original 1999 terms - clause 2.2 of original terms and conditions from 1999 is even more irrelevant)

Attached Files
                                Last edited by Amethyst; 10th August 2014, 13:34:PM.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X