• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**CLAIM DISMISSED ** CCJ for old debt - have no idea what to do - court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CCJ for old debt - have no idea what to do - court claim

Sorry to bump - is there anything I can do ?

Comment

Write to the claimant and explain that they have failed to adhere to the terms of the courts order for disclosure.

Write to the court explaining that you only just got it and it was out of time and that should they ask for relief from sanctions you wish that the hearing is vacated at their cost so you can attend a hearing on the relief application. Follow up with a phone call to make sure you jump the queue as it's urgent.

Explain to both that they were told that you wanted a paper only trial due to unforeseen circumstances and this disclosure is unacceptable given you really would have no right of reply so close to trial.

M1

Comment

Thanks m1 ! Will do as you suggest - thanks for your continued support !
        lll

Comment

:beagle:

OMG I WON , I BLOODY WON :tongue2:

I came back early this morning form my work trip and this was waiting on the door mat
          " upon hearing the solicitor for the claimant it is ordered that CLAIM DISMISSED "

i cant believe it particularly as I was not present at the hearing ... I am hoping this is now all over and they can't appeal (?) however ......

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

there is NO WAY I could have got to this point without this forum and your help.

Amethyst your unwavering support, kind words , extensive knowledge and erudite editing has got me though some of the most stressful times I've ever had.

M1 what can I say - your knowledge is outstanding and your clear steers on the point of law won this case. With out your guidance at the end I would not be in this position I would have folded and given in

Thank you both so very very much!

I have learnt a huge amount along the way but the most important lesson is to fight back - arm your self with all the facts , take advice and don't let these Pariah win. It is stressful - but just try to hold on !

I am more than happy for this thread to go back to the public forum to help others and I am going to stick around to offer , an albeit limited helping hand.

Xxxxx

llll
          Attached Files

Comment

That is utterly superb news. Well done.

And for you to have managed that while not attending and the Judge hearing the solicitor for the claimant ... well, just bloody brilliant !

You must be so relieved it's over after such a long, and hard fought battle xxxx

ALMOST dead on a year from when you posted this thread.... 2nd March 2014

(moved for you too)
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Superb result, well done!!

nem

Comment

Originally posted by lowlowlola View Post
                :beagle:

OMG I WON , I BLOODY WON :tongue2:

I came back early this morning form my work trip and this was waiting on the door mat
                " upon hearing the solicitor for the claimant it is ordered that CLAIM DISMISSED "

i cant believe it particularly as I was not present at the hearing ... I am hoping this is now all over and they can't appeal (?) however ......

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

there is NO WAY I could have got to this point without this forum and your help.

Amethyst your unwavering support, kind words , extensive knowledge and erudite editing has got me though some of the most stressful times I've ever had.

M1 what can I say - your knowledge is outstanding and your clear steers on the point of law won this case. With out your guidance at the end I would not be in this position I would have folded and given in

Thank you both so very very much!

I have learnt a huge amount along the way but the most important lesson is to fight back - arm your self with all the facts , take advice and don't let these Pariah win. It is stressful - but just try to hold on !

I am more than happy for this thread to go back to the public forum to help others and I am going to stick around to offer , an albeit limited helping hand.

Xxxxx

llll

:okay:

Once you have time, sanitised final drafts of your statements, arguments etc would be useful for others to see.

M1

Comment

• Re: **CLAIM DISMISSED ** CCJ for old debt - have no idea what to do - court claim

I know !!! I think luck was very much on my side .. BUT they only submitted papers the day before the trial which couldn't have gone down well with the judge and I wrote to the court to explain that I had complied with alla the orders , they hadn't , the claim had been going on for a year and they had just produced an illegible copy of the application form one day before the trial and I had no right of response as I had informed the court and claimant that I wanted a paper hearing as I could not attend due to work.

I also worked really hard on feb documents I produced for the court , ithe bundle was indexed and case law etc highlighted as m1 suggested. They must have heard the case as the solicitor was there so my evidence must have held sway .

Not attending is not something I would advise however .... !

Am slightly worried they might appeal but not sure they would have grounds

but thank you again from the bottom of my heart .. This was a total team effort. Am very humbled by the kindness and support you have given . You are wonderful !

Comment

Hi m1
                    no problem at all ., I'll post it all up

I can't express my gratitude to you for all your help and I know others feel the same. This community has been a life saver .. Thank you

Comment

that is fantastic news,

amazing help on here from some of the best an excellent thread throughout

so pleased for you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                      X