• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**CLAIM DISMISSED ** CCJ for old debt - have no idea what to do - court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CCJ for old debt - have no idea what to do - court claim

Hi all :santa3:

So WS sent of special delivery today - should get it tomorrow so am well with in the deadline (well 24 hrs LOL)

can you advise what the next steps are - i strongly suspect DF wont comply with the deadline of 11th december. Hearing is not til early march but should i start to prepare a skeleton argument - if so can you point me in the direction of a starting place.

Thanks as always

LLL

Comment

Bit rushed today but skeleton arguments https://civillitigationbrief.wordpre...d-the-triquel/

M1

Comment

thanks M1 - just getting my thinking cap on about it all ,,, measure twice cut once and all that

have a good day!

Comment

OK so surprise surpirse

The order from the court of 3rd November stated that all documents to be relied on in court were to be filed and served by 4pm on 11th december - i duly did my duty (both court and DF )recorded as received and low and behold nothing from Drysden Fairfax.....

what should I do?. I am well versed in the way of the legal system - is it simply a case of tough one rule for you, one for them or should I chase them for the documents and bring the courts attention to their non compliance ????

thanks as always

:LLL

Comment

PS should have said the hearing is not until March

Comment

Sorry to ask again I know every one is busy!

I would be very grateful for a beagles steer on what to do next with regards to DF's non submission of a witness statement. The order received from the court said they should submit all documents by 4pm on 11th but no sanction for non submission was stated on the order - should I chase DF and inform the court or do I have no real recourse?

Thanks as always - sorry to ask again

LLL

Comment

Usually directions, such as that, for a hearing indicate that if you do not comply the court may refuse their use.

I'd phone up and ask where it is just in case they play the "royal mail are shit" card.

M1

Comment

Thanks M1. As the hearing is not until March i think I will send it in writing so the cant play that card LOLS

yes the order did say that they may refuse their use but TBH i know how this works and am sure they will get away with submitting some half baked nonsense at the 11th hour ,,,,!

Comment

Well they shouldn't get to use it without getting relief from sanctions. You'd do well to swat up on that. https://civillitigationbrief.wordpre...from-sanctions

No evidence = screwed.

M1

Comment

Thanks m1 ! I'll have a proper look. I really appreciate all your help :reindeer:

Comment

Dear all

a belated happy new year!

i am sorry to be a nusiance but would be grateful for a bit more advice. the claimant has not filed their witness statement as per the order which said that all paper work had to be in by 11th December.

As per your excellent advice i wrote to them just before Christmas , noting nothing had been received and asked them to send me a copy. They haven't replied and the court has confirmed today that nothing has been received.

what should i do now , should i write again asking if are still persuing and will be applying for a relief of sanctions (i hope thats the right term) has any one else had this?

thanks so much for your help

LLL

Comment

They may think they don't need a witness statement for their case ???

If sanctions are applied then yes they need relief. :okay:

M1

Comment

Hi All

I have just found out today that i have to go on a work trip which means i cant attend the hearing in March, There is no way out of it, the trip is a result of over a years work - i just cant believe its come up now

I have heard NOTHING from the claimant, checked with the court and they have paid the hearing fee but no witness statement has been submitted, I am totally snookered and i dont know what to do. a CCJ will seriously affect future employment

am so stressed

any advice is greatly appreciated -

Comment

sorry to ask again - i have had a sleepless weekend .

This has been going on for a year and i dont think i can take the stress on top of everything else going on in my life anymore. II have come to the conclusion that given all the variables I am best trying to negotiate a tomlin - could any one point in the direction where to start.

the hearing date is 5 weeks away
                              sorry to ask -

LLL

Comment

I am so so sorry to bump but i would be so grateful if you could steer me where to get some guidance about negotiating

I am at a loss and feel very stressed

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X