• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** WON ** Please Help!!!! Lowell / Lloyds court claim - DISCONTINUED

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ** WON ** Please Help!!!! Lowell / Lloyds court claim - DISCONTINUED

Good afternoon,

I'm now in possession of a court claim form from a claimant Lowell Portfolio for £1304.45 dated 07 Feb 2014. It looks like an old overdraft from a Lloyds account in 2009 but cant be sure!.
    Firstly this letter was sent to my old address which my ex-wife still lives in and I have little contact with, so wouldn't of received it if it wasn't for my eagle eyed son surely these should be sent to current address?. Secondly and most importantly I don't want to and cant pay this, what can I do to stop this going forwards please?

Hope someone can help please let me know if you need any more information to do so.

Thank you
    Tags: None

Re: Please Help!!!! Lowell / Lloyds

Originally posted by jse85883 View Post
    Good afternoon,

I'm now in possession of a court claim form from a claimant Lowell Portfolio for £1304.45 dated 07 Feb 2014. It looks like an old overdraft from a Lloyds account in 2009 but cant be sure!.
    Firstly this letter was sent to my old address which my ex-wife still lives in and I have little contact with, so wouldn't of received it if it wasn't for my eagle eyed son surely these should be sent to current address?. Secondly and most importantly I don't want to and cant pay this, what can I do to stop this going forwards please?

Hope someone can help please let me know if you need any more information to do so.

Thank you
    You need to defend the claim,don't bother to worry about addresses you have the claim acknowledge it and state you wish to defend.

Comment

Sorry but I chuckled at the Don't want to pay that's not a defence others will come on here to advise on this it wont go away on its own sorry again

Comment

They can only send it to your last known address. If that is your current one then you should complain bitterly if not you should tell them your current one.

Post up the particulars of claim and any defence you think you might have.

M1

Comment

Thank you for your quick response,

Ok I've acknowledge it on the website do I fill any of the response forms out?

Comment

I don't have a fixed address currently only my parents one.

Comment

Without a new address they will use the last known if a CCJ is granted it will be registered at that address

Comment

I've put my parents address as correspondence is that ok to do?

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                  They can only send it to your last known address. If that is your current one then you should complain bitterly if not you should tell them your current one.

Post up the particulars of claim and any defence you think you might have.

M1
                  Hi, If this is the correct account it was an account that was closed by Lloyds in 2009, if I remember correctly I tried to transfer some funds to it to pay some of it off but because the account was closed it wouldn't accept it!
                  I'm not 100% because I defaulted on many things when my business went under!!

J

Comment

Hi, If this is the correct account it was an account that was closed by Lloyds in 2009, if I remember correctly I tried to transfer some funds to it to pay some of it off but because the account was closed it wouldn't accept it!
                    I'm not 100% because I defaulted on many things when my business went under!!

J
                    When did you last make a payment to this debt and what country in the UK do you live in.

Comment

Hi, last payment into the account was Nov 2009
                      And I'm in England

Thanks
                      J

Comment

Good afternoon,

What do the particulars of claim say? You'd normally send a CCA request and a CPR request if it was for a card/loan/catalogue account, however, if it's for an overdraft, things are a bit different.

The first thing to do is to acknowledge the claim, which you can normally do online, using the P/W printed on the claim. You have 14 days to do this. If you state your intention to defend it in full, you get a further 14 days to submit a defence. The court also allows 5 days for service.

You may want to look at this thread for the CPR 31.14 request letter for overdrafts, as well as the Part 18 request for further information if you need it: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...859#post410859

What solicitors are Lowell using? BW Legal? Bryan Carter?

Comment

Hi Flaming Parrot

Thank you for your response, I will look at the thread you suggested now.

The solicitors they are using are Bryan Carter does that change anything?

Thanks
                          J

Comment

Hi Flaming Parrot

Thank you for your response, I will look at the thread you suggested now.

The solicitors they are using are Bryan Carter does that change anything?
                            You'll find dozens of Bryan Carter threads where they are acting on Lowell's behalf. In many cases, they have refused to comply with the requests and left people with no option but to apply to the court for an order to force them to produce the documents. Their behaviour is truly disgraceful.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                              You'll find dozens of Bryan Carter threads where they are acting on Lowell's behalf. In many cases, they have refused to comply with the requests and left people with no option but to apply to the court for an order to force them to produce the documents. Their behaviour is truly disgraceful.
                              They are definitely parasites for sure. will you be able to take me through the procedure on what to do, i read in the other thread to send the letter requesting documentation and information is that the first thing to do. I have already registered with the court to say I will fight this!! not the correct terminology I know

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X