• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shimewaza Lowel Portfolio 1 Ltd court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shimewaza Lowel Portfolio 1 Ltd

Update,

I paid the £80 the application fee and emailed the court on 11/3. Today I called the CCBC and was advised the file and application has been transferred to my local court? presumably common practice? (On the Form N244 I ticked box, for a hearing with District judge)

Comment

Re: Shimewaza Lowel Portfolio 1 Ltd

Yes indeed, absolutely normal for that to happen at this stage. Will be a case of waiting to see if the judge makes an order without a hearing or invites you to the court now.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Shimewaza Lowel Portfolio 1 Ltd court claim

Update,

Back in March received notice from Bulk processing office to say case has been transferred to my local court.

The court has not contacted me or provided me with any update as to dealing with the order?

Is this common practice?

I feel a little disappointed that the judge and court is taking forever to do anything and the claimant has a ridiculous amount of time to collate necessary info, despite not providing it. Also for taking fee for the order and sitting on the docs.

What would be the most appropriate course of action to get some progress with this?

Shimewaza

Comment

Phone Northampton and your local court. Paperworks either delayed or lost i'd say.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
            Phone Northampton and your local court. Paperworks either delayed or lost i'd say.

M1
            Thanks M1 for your prompt reply,

The paperwork was duly emailed to them, if they have printed it and lost it that is shocking, I will give them a tinkle tomorrow to find out what has happened.

Comment

update,

Finally received notice of hearing,

And attended hearing.

The Judge did not even have the paperwork or draft order information to hand?

The judge said that usually people file a defence and then review the paperwork afterwards

The legal rep for Lowell requested a further couple of months to provide the docs to me and the judge granted their request. The judge did not grant an unless order. I Pointed out that requested cpr 31.14 info back in January 2014 and that they had sufficient time to comply and judge was disinterested.

Is there some sort of formal review process? rather stressed now
              Last edited by shimewaza; 24th June 2014, 15:54:PM.

Comment

So what actually happened ?

What about costs ?

I'd hazard a guess that if it's taken this long and they want 2 months, that they think they'll struggle.

As both sides attended the hearing the only option to try and change what the judge has ordered is to appeal. That's not going to happen as it's too expensive.

M1

Comment

Update:

Jude ordered that they provide POC to me, and that that provide copy agreement, terms and conditions etc default notices by mid Aug and for me to file defence in the next couple of days.

I have only just received POC together with copy of signed agreement, so have little time to file a defence, or accept debt or check whether it was actually paid (unlikely).

As the judge was rather Sym'pathetic' and granted them more time and was unwilling to grant the unless order, I am not sure what benefit there is to request more time or another hearing, i.e acknowledge the original creditor but had no notice of assignment of debt so how do I know they are legally entitled to recover the debt.

Is there any other alternatives ie make some form of offer, and if so can they still chase/recover the full amount due? could the debt be out of time?

Comment

Originally posted by shimewaza View Post
                    Update:

Jude ordered that they provide POC to me, and that that provide copy agreement, terms and conditions etc default notices by mid Aug and for me to file defence in the next couple of days.

I have only just received POC together with copy of signed agreement, so have little time to file a defence, or accept debt or check whether it was actually paid (unlikely).

As the judge was rather Sym'pathetic' and granted them more time and was unwilling to grant the unless order, I am not sure what benefit there is to request more time or another hearing, i.e acknowledge the original creditor but had no notice of assignment of debt so how do I know they are legally entitled to recover the debt.

Is there any other alternatives ie make some form of offer, and if so can they still chase/recover the full amount due? could the debt be out of time?
                    is there any way you could remove all personal detail and post a copy of what they have sent you ?
                    a) the 'agreement'
                    b) their POC

what about
                    the terms and conditions
                    the default notice
                    the notice of assignment

have they also sent these?

Comment

Originally posted by skilganon View Post
                      is there any way you could remove all personal detail and post a copy of what they have sent you ?

a) the 'agreement'
                      b) their POC
                      what about
                      the terms and conditions
                      the default notice
                      the notice of assignment

have they also sent these?
                      I do not have a scanner so cannot upload,

what about the terms and conditions - sent what looks the front and reverse of the CC credit agreement which look like terms and conditions

the default notice - sent copy CC statements but nothing that states default notice

the notice of assignment - not sent but judge did not specifically say notice of assignment
                      Last edited by shimewaza; 16th September 2014, 09:13:AM.

Comment

The court order provided a total of 12 weeks (8 weeks for them to get the info to me and four weeks for me to compile and file a defence)

Is it possible now to apply for an extension to the time to compile a defence on the basis that the claimant provided the documentation to me four weeks later than permitted by the court order? (they used up the full 12 weeks)

Comment

Did you get a copy of the court order in writing after the hearing?

Still no sanction penalty on it?
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by shimewaza View Post
                            I do not have a scanner so cannot upload,

what about the terms and conditions - sent what looks the front and reverse of the CC credit agreement which look like terms and conditions

the default notice - sent copy CC statements but nothing that states default notice

the notice of assignment - not sent but judge did not specifically say notice of assignment
                            Can you read the terms and conditions on the documents they sent you? (ie. are they legible)
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi, Yes I received a copy of the court order, there was no sanction penalty on it,

The T&C are small and not completely clear (photocopied) - although a friend says they can read it clearly.

I was perplexed as to the incompetence of the system, as despite the courts taking forever to organise the hearing, the judge did not have the documentation that was provided to the courts, (despite it being emailed to the court when the application was made). The Judge as I said was rather sym'pathetic' and refused to do any sanction. the judge was disinterested that they failed with to reply in time scale for initial cpr 31.14 request.

Feels like they can rough ride over their duties, take the biscuit so to speak (ignoring court timescale) leave me out of time and then and then proceed with judgement.

If I apply for hearing I anticipate the judge will be of the opinion, yes they failed to provide you with the documentation per the order in time, however you have it now and its too late anyway, default judgement...
                              Last edited by shimewaza; 16th September 2014, 10:24:AM.

Comment

thank you for your prompt replies

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X