• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please help - very worried. Ref: IND/Hegarty LLP/Aktiv Kapital/MBNA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Please help - very worried. Ref: IND/Hegarty LLP/Aktiv Kapital/MBNA

Hi all...,

quick question - when i applied for the order to the court, did i need to send anything to Hegarty LLP?

Comment

HI HB10,

I found your thread very useful as I am in same situation. I wanted to ask you that how much did you pay for unless order and have you been given a date for hearing at your local court for the inspection of the CPR 14 documents.

thanks

Comment

N244 is £80 for an unless order.

Comment

Originally posted by HB10 View Post
          Hi all...,

quick question - when i applied for the order to the court, did i need to send anything to Hegarty LLP?

Don't think so. Part 23 of the cprs deals with applications.

M1

Comment

thanks m1

jefstudent - not received the date for the hearing yet.

fee - as above £80...paid over phone first - then given a payment ref. - the application was then emailed.

few points from a helpful person on phone at ccbc

- make payment first then email docs to the ccbc-defendants email address. (or can post the documents)
            - max size of email is 5MB
            - be careful if sending a zip folder with all your docs - some people at the receiving end could have limited IT knowledge (i attached each doc)
            - in subject line of email, start with 'Defence' - emails are dealt with immediately this way, otherwise could be treated as general correspondence

Comment

I dont know if I can help but in exactly the same situation obviously AKTIV have bought the debt at a very low price the document from Northampton has a Swiss Adress on and A solicitors address Hegarty when you ring Hegarty its IND not lawyers debt recovery.

I made a SAR request to AKTIV uk address Bromley recorded delivery and put in my defence to avoid a CCJ by default as tet some computer produce statements a credit agreement cant read the date on it and regard to a 2nd MBNA credit card no credit agreement now waited ten weeks still nothing.

Aktiv changed solicitor from Hegarty to IND but IND are not lawyers now pursuing through the small claims been reallocated to a local court , at present IND are proceeding with no credit agreement no copy noitce of assigment no default notice awaiting the hearing date.

I have also asked under disclosure for confirmation of who owns the alleged debt and what they paid for it surely a judge cannot without admission enforce a debt with no credit agreement

IND are giving the impression lawyers but they are chancers buying debt at minimum price then trying to get a CCJ by default the one thing that concerns me is why pursue pay court fees if little chance of recovering the funds, simply waiting of the hearing date - any comments appreciated all these cases seem to have the same procedure

Comment

Originally posted by cashbook View Post
                I dont know if I can help but in exactly the same situation obviously AKTIV have bought the debt at a very low price the document from Northampton has a Swiss Adress on and A solicitors address Hegarty when you ring Hegarty its IND not lawyers debt recovery.

I made a SAR request to AKTIV uk address Bromley recorded delivery and put in my defence to avoid a CCJ by default as tet some computer produce statements a credit agreement cant read the date on it and regard to a 2nd MBNA credit card no credit agreement now waited ten weeks still nothing.

Aktiv changed solicitor from Hegarty to IND but IND are not lawyers now pursuing through the small claims been reallocated to a local court , at present IND are proceeding with no credit agreement no copy noitce of assigment no default notice awaiting the hearing date.

I have also asked under disclosure for confirmation of who owns the alleged debt and what they paid for it surely a judge cannot without admission enforce a debt with no credit agreement

IND are giving the impression lawyers but they are chancers buying debt at minimum price then trying to get a CCJ by default the one thing that concerns me is why pursue pay court fees if little chance of recovering the funds, simply waiting of the hearing date - any comments appreciated all these cases seem to have the same procedure
                I'm in the same boat too. IND and Heggarty are one and the same, same offices etc.

You need to push for disclosure, a draught order at AQ stage is probably your best bet if you have already entered a defence. I've also s78 to Aktiv at Bromley.

There are many chancer DCA's that do this kind of thing, its just a numbers game to them I'm sure.

Comment

hi,

Just wondering any updates from HB10 please.

Thanks

Comment

hi,

no updates - waiting for hearing date.

tomorrow would be the final day if hegarty had granted 28 days extension for the defence -(though thats what they said when the initial 14 days was about to expire). heard nothing from them - hence nothing has been sent regards the requested documents.

Comment

HI HB10,

Hope you well. just wondering as no updates from your side at all.
                      Please keep us updated with any news.

thanks

Comment

Hi all, sorry for the delay in reply - have been away on work.

Received Hearing date last week. The date is set for 25th April 2014 - 45min.

The docs i received - front page with the info of hearing

- my application notice n244
                        - my draft order for directions
                        - my witness statement
                        - exhibit 1 - which is the CPR 31.14 request
                        - exhibit 2 - postal evidence

(i had sent other exhibits of communication etc but they are not attached.

Is there anything i need to do at this stage? thanks in advance.

HB

Comment

Has the judge added any orders or just that there is a hearing ?

M1

Comment

Hi, ive attached the document received. pls let me know if you are able to open the attachment. thanks
                            Attached Files

Comment

HI,

Thanks for the update. I thought when you submit N244 order giving claimant 14 days to disclose all relevant case documents. the hearing should be straight after the 14 days expire or a bit later but I might be wrong thinking that way.

25th April is a long way from 21st Jan;14.

Comment

The hearing is when the court say it is. The date here is unfortunate as it gives them time to comply but as they hadn't complied before the hearing was asked for then they will be liable for costs of this if they comply in the meantime.

However on the flip side if they still haven't complied by then a judge is going to be seriously unimpressed and the application should be a simple rubber stamp job, in theory.

HB10, in prep for the hearing you need to learn why the judge should grant your application. So study the relevant rules, the case you quoted and http://civillitigationbrief.wordpres...ll-case-watch/

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X