• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CLAIM STRUCK OUT !!!! Need help with a court claim please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CLAIM STRUCK OUT !!!! Need help with a court claim please

Thanks

I would just like to say a big thank you to all of you who helped and contributed to make this result possible. I think I would of been one of the crowd that just ignored it and let them gain judgement by default otherwise.

Comment

or Aktas v Adepta ?

Basically if they tried to bring a new claim on same cause of action after demonstrating blatant disregard of court orders, procedures and rules this time, they would just be struck out as an abuse of process next time (which they won't even try so don't worry)

(Sorry M1 - just as they have been struck out, as opposed to having the case judged against them)
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by mysticphoenix666 View Post
        Thanks

I would just like to say a big thank you to all of you who helped and contributed to make this result possible. I think I would of been one of the crowd that just ignored it and let them gain judgement by default otherwise.
        And there is an awful big crowd of people who let the lenders walk all over them and allow them to continue getting away with having complete disregard for the CCA and CPR.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          or Aktas v Adepta ?

Basically if they tried to bring a new claim on same cause of action after demonstrating blatant disregard of court orders, procedures and rules this time, they would just be struck out as an abuse of process next time (which they won't even try so don't worry)

(Sorry M1 - just as they have been struck out, as opposed to having the case judged against them)
          No need to apologise if you disagree with me. It only annoys me if someone doesn't say why they disagree or won't engage in discussion about it.Hell i tell folk i think they're wrong so you've gotta accept the same when you get it back

As for the case you mention i googled it and read http://www.kennedys-law.com/article/abuseofprocess/ . Now i'd say the new over riding objective and Mitchell change the landscape on that and the courts under the new regime would reach a different conclusion than they did in 2010.

M1

Comment

It does seem to be an ever finer line between a strike out and having a judgment in your favour. I'm pretty sure the Jackson and Mitchell stuff just backs that up more?

Just with the res judicta bitty, I don't feel the issues were tried in this, or the other cases, so theoretically they could bring a new claim on the same cause of action but the reasons for the strike out are such that any second attempt would be struck out as an abuse ?

More than happy to be wrong though as it's a PITB - we KNOW they won't bring the action again (particularly in this case as it will be beyond limitations anyways now - as a struck out action doesn't halt the limitations period it just carries on as if nothing happened ) but defendants should be aware it is a vague possibility.

(p.s. am discussing not arguing lol )
            Attached Files
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Not really sure i understand what any of the above means, might just be me lol

I was told i should receive something in the post so hopefully that will have details on it of whether they can try and re-claim and if there is anything i need to do. (if i get anything i will post it for you)

Again as above thank you all for helping i could'nt of done it without the knowledge from this forum

Comment

They won't (try to reclaim that is) We're just discussing the technicalities.

Yes post up the order from the court when you get it.

Did you say they sent you a response to your defence? If so can you post it up as it might help others.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                  No need to apologise if you disagree with me. It only annoys me if someone doesn't say why they disagree or won't engage in discussion about it.Hell i tell folk i think they're wrong so you've gotta accept the same when you get it back

As for the case you mention i googled it and read http://www.kennedys-law.com/article/abuseofprocess/ . Now i'd say the new over riding objective and Mitchell change the landscape on that and the courts under the new regime would reach a different conclusion than they did in 2010.

M1
                  Expandable v Rubin

Nomura v Granada

Mitchell v News Group

9 unless orders, one case thrown out as an abuse of process in the last 3 weeks

Id say my approach works quite well, and an application to discovery backed up with a sanction if they dont comply is the way to go.

As matters currently stand youre pushing an open door with a District Judge if your opponent hasnt got their house in order............
                  I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
                    Expandable v Rubin

Nomura v Granada

Mitchell v News Group

9 unless orders, one case thrown out as an abuse of process in the last 3 weeks

Id say my approach works quite well, and an application to discovery backed up with a sanction if they dont comply is the way to go.

As matters currently stand youre pushing an open door with a District Judge if your opponent hasnt got their house in order............

Indeed i do prefer that route to the embarrassed defence route hence Amethyst had more input than me here. The £155 app fee is going to be an issue for some though so let's just hope anyone who goes £50 doesn't get shafted as a result.

M1

Comment

This wasn't in any way an embarrassed defence. We had (most) of the documents from the creditor and knew what the claim was and there was a genuine dispute on it. I think we were only waiting on a default notice and that alone didn't seem enough to push on with a CPR 31.14 application - as it happens they still haven't provided but we have seen where a 'would have sent one standard letter says on the system' response satisfies a judge, so with the major disputes and prior FOS agreement with the defendant on the issues prior, we just went with a defence, WS and the back up evidence.

I prefer an application to an embarrassed defence and don't ever use them. However if the fee is £155 now and it is too much, then a defence based on the issues with the debt (if you know what it is) and outlining what you have done to find out the rest of the information can have the same effect of getting an order to produce the documents from the court. I have started a thread to discuss that choice (as people need an alternative) in VIP.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

They won't (try to reclaim that is) We're just discussing the technicalities.

Yes post up the order from the court when you get it.

Did you say they sent you a response to your defence? If so can you post it up as it might help others.
                        No they didn't reply to my defence they never sent any documents to the court either, or informed them that they were not attending.

Comment

Originally posted by mysticphoenix666 View Post
                          No they didn't reply to my defence they never sent any documents to the court either, or informed them that they were not attending.

Just obnoxious of them really.

I suppose they could try and claim they didn't get the documents as an excuse for non compliance, however didn't they ring you about the point 5 in the defence ref the PPI?
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

yes and they emailed me several times

Comment

This wasn't in any way an embarrassed defence. We had (most) of the documents from the creditor and knew what the claim was and there was a genuine dispute on it. I think we were only waiting on a default notice and that alone didn't seem enough to push on with a CPR 31.14 application - as it happens they still haven't provided but we have seen where a 'would have sent one standard letter says on the system' response satisfies a judge, so with the major disputes and prior FOS agreement with the defendant on the issues prior, we just went with a defence, WS and the back up evidence.

I prefer an application to an embarrassed defence and don't ever use them. However if the fee is £155 now and it is too much, then a defence based on the issues with the debt (if you know what it is) and outlining what you have done to find out the rest of the information can have the same effect of getting an order to produce the documents from the court. I have started a thread to discuss that choice (as people need an alternative) in VIP.
                              I'm losing the plot :der:

M1

Comment

We know

If they responded to the court orders then they have no hope

I'd still be really interested to see the orders from the court etc (just helps assess how the defence was taken by the court etc for future ref) you can email me if you prefer ( admin@legalbeagles.info )
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X