• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CLAIM STRUCK OUT !!!! Need help with a court claim please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Need help with a court claim please

Is there anyone online to answer my few questions before i send my email as i am out of time

thanks

Comment

I think so.

Also add in to your defence that no default notice pursuant to Consumer credit act 1974 s 87 was served.

M1

Comment

Well i sent my stuff to court saturday and got a reply this morning to say they could not view my files so i resent it to be told they could not download from an external service.

I have just resent 3 emails as for some reason you can only send a max of 25mb of data which is ridiculous. so i am hoping that they get these and can view them otherwise i am out of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by mysticphoenix666 View Post
          Well i sent my stuff to court saturday and got a reply this morning to say they could not view my files so i resent it to be told they could not download from an external service.

I have just resent 3 emails as for some reason you can only send a max of 25mb of data which is ridiculous. so i am hoping that they get these and can view them otherwise i am out of ideas.
          how did you get 25mb?

The size is only 2mb that the Court allows if i recall.
          I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
            how did you get 25mb?

The size is only 2mb that the Court allows if i recall.
            if you send via normal email which the lady told me to it only allows you to send upto 25mb

am i supposed to send the same stuff to the claimant?

Comment

Do i need to send my defence and supporting doc's to the claimant?

Comment

Do i need to send my defence and supporting doc's to the claimant?
                The Court should serve a copy of the Defence on the Claimant.
                I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
                  The Court should serve a copy of the Defence on the Claimant.
                  Thanks PT,

I received a letter from the court today stating as much, the claimant has 28 days from date they receive it to let the court know if they wish to proceed or it gets stayed.

So what does it mean if it gets stayed?

Comment

Thanks PT,

I received a letter from the court today stating as much, the claimant has 28 days from date they receive it to let the court know if they wish to proceed or it gets stayed.

So what does it mean if it gets stayed?
                    Stayed means proceedings are halted for a period of time, sometimes indefinitely.

Comment

Hi,

well they only have another 12 days to reply to my defence before the court stays the claim.

what will happen if they do not respond and it gets stayed as the court clerk said when i phoned that they have to pay a fee and apply to have it lifted (which i can't see them doing or they would just of replied)

Comment

It will be stayed until either party applies to lift the stay or the claimant discontinues. I had one where the claimant left it three years before eventually discontinuing, but not until trying to bully me into a settlement. I have another claim that is still stayed for over three years.

You could apply to have the stay lifted and the claim struck out, but you would need a very strong arguement.

Hi,

well they only have another 12 days to reply to my defence before the court stays the claim.

what will happen if they do not respond and it gets stayed as the court clerk said when i phoned that they have to pay a fee and apply to have it lifted (which i can't see them doing or they would just of replied)

Comment

Hi

Well i have not heard anything from either the court or the claimant and it should of been stayed as of the 2nd Feb (need to phone the court to confirm).

So what do i do now, do i just leave it or ask the court to strike it out.

Comment

Ok so I have received an allocation questionnaire today from Northampton to fill in and send back by the 24th Feb. (So they obviously responded)

What are the next steps after I have returned this to the court?

Thanks

Comment

Once you have returned the AQ you should receive a court date or further orders from the court. Presumably then the claimant has indicated they want to go ahead.
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

yes it would appear they want to go ahead.

So i have the form filled in ready to send first thing tomorrow, do i need to send a copy to the claimant?

also will i need to do anything else in preperation for the hearing or is it soley on the defence i have sent?

thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X