• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

N1claim form received over Marbles Credit Card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: N1 received over Marbles Credit Card

Originally posted by paddy1 View Post
    Yeah that agreement came with the replacement card. I do not have a copy of the original one that I signed.

There is the possibility that I had the card before April 2007.

No I never sent a letter requesting a copy of the agreement, is it too late to ask for one now as part of my defence as I only have until 24/06 to get my Claim form back
    No, it's not too late. You have 14 days from date of issue (+5 for service) to acknowledge the claim and, if you tick the box stating your intention to defend, you have a further 14 days.

You can request a copy of any documents mentioned on their particulars of claim (which includes the agreement), under CPR.31.14 as noted here, amending the wording to suit your dates and the documents they've mentioned: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...189#post334189 :typing:

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
      When the claim is issued through the Northampton Bulk Centre, there is no requirement to attach the documents to the claim form, the whole process can be done online. :typing:

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part07/pd_part07c

The defendant still has the right to request the documents mentioned on the particulars of claim under CPR 31.14.
      Yes,

quite right, I should have elaborated but I see you've covered disclosure above so seems the advice is on the right track

The constant abuse of the "no documents" MCOL rule is a disgrace!

Comment

No, it's not too late. You have 14 days from date of issue (+5 for service) to acknowledge the claim and, if you tick the box stating your intention to defend, you have a further 14 days.

You can request a copy of any documents mentioned on their particulars of claim (which includes the agreement), under CPR.31.14 as noted here, amending the wording to suit your dates and the documents they've mentioned: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...189#post334189 :typing:

Can't see that thread for some reason, I don't have permissions when I click that link :tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

Can't see that thread for some reason, I don't have permissions when I click that link :tinysmile_cry_t:
          My apologies, I forgot it's in the VIP area which is accessible only to subscribers. :ohwell:

This is the letter:.

Dear Sirs,

We request disclosure of documents referred to in your claim, pursuant to CPR 31.14.

1. Copy Agreement
          2. Default Notice
          3. Formal Demand 12/03/13

I require inspection of these documents ahead of filing the defence on XX May 2013, so I request that they are provided to me within 7 days.

If you are unable to supply these documents within 7 days, we request that you agree to an extension of a further 21 days beyond the current defence deadline, to allow sufficient time for me to assess any documents received.

Please let me know your position on timescales for supply of the documents referred to in your pleadings.

Yours sincerely
          Send this recorded delivery.

Comment

My apologies, I forgot it's in the VIP area which is accessible only to subscribers. :ohwell:

This is the letter:.

Send this recorded delivery.
            Cheers for that

Comment

Just need to decide now which box to tick?
              Defend all claim?
              Part of claim?
              or contest jurisdiction?

hmmm

Comment

Just need to decide now which box to tick?
                Defend all claim?
                Part of claim?
                or contest jurisdiction?

hmmm
                Defend all claim, otherwise if you defend part of claim, you get a CCJ for the rest! :scared:

Comment

Ok sound I will do.

Is it also worth me asking for copies of all documents they hold on file for me as per my rights under the Data Protection Act if I include a £10 fee. I'm just thinking that I sent a letter back in 2010 stating I was in financial hardship & I'm pretty sure they did not agree to the £1 per month payment. (I can't find the paperwork!!)

Granted the letter was sent to Marbles & this is now Capquest who I am dealing with now, so unsure if they'd hold all that information?

Comment

Ok sound I will do.

Is it also worth me asking for copies of all documents they hold on file for me as per my rights under the Data Protection Act if I include a £10 fee. I'm just thinking that I sent a letter back in 2010 stating I was in financial hardship & I'm pretty sure they did not agree to the £1 per month payment. (I can't find the paperwork!!)

Granted the letter was sent to Marbles & this is now Capquest who I am dealing with now, so unsure if they'd hold all that information?
                    You could send a Subject Access Request (SAR) under the DPA with the £10 fee but that would be totally independent from the CPR requests and they have up to 40 days to respond to a SAR.

If you were going to send such a request, you'd send it to the original lender rather than the DCA or debt purchaser, who would have bought the debt without any paperwork. It would be a waste of time and money to SAR Capquest. :ohwell:

Comment

Yeah no worries, I understand, I'll refrain for now for as you say if it takes up to 40 days then that is not going to help with my defence

Comment

And do remember, you CAN'T draft a defence WITHOUT sight of the documents you are requesting under CPR31.14.

So, if they don't comply, seek the 15.5 extension to the defence deadline. If they STILL can't produce documents, you will need to produce a defence partly based upon this non compliance.
                        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Ok thanks very much. I will get a letter printed off & sent tomorrow asking for the documents, as well as sending the claim back stating a defence of the claim.

Cheers

Comment

Ok thanks very much. I will get a letter printed off & sent tomorrow asking for the documents, as well as sending the claim back stating a defence of the claim.

Cheers
                            Please send letter Recorded/Special Delivery - These companies have a sneaky habit of disregarding such letters from Litigants In person (LIPs). Chase them up by phone 3 days after sending to see if they intend on complying in a timely fashion.
                            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Ok sound yeah will do, thanks.

Bit of a daft question but the claim form has Capquest as the Claimant but HL Legal & Collections for sending docs & payment to. I take it I am sending the request to Capquest? Sorry if it's a daft question just want to be sure.

Cheers

Comment

No, send it to the solicitors.

I'd also be asking them to replead their case. The pocs are rotten. No dates, no default notice or contractual termination, no pre action protocols etc etc.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X