• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow & Court Papers What to do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arrow & Court Papers What to do?

Yes I will have to find the money. Can you explain what a strike out means?

Many thanks

Lizzy

Comment

what a strike out means is that they have taken you to court over an unsubstantiated debt. you have requested the evidence they will use to support their claim, agreement, default notice etc. they have faile. what happens now, unless we do something is the claim will be stayed, or put in limbo. this claim can then be resurrected say six months
      down the line once they locate allthe documents.

the strike out application will as such strike out the claim from the court system, this debt will be history, never to darken your doors again as you cant issue another claim for the same debt. by contacting the claimant and giving them a deadline to comply now, say 48 hours, if theyu dont comply, you get the application fee back with costs.

give me an hour and i will compose that email

Comment

And make sure that you send a copy of militant's letter to the court with a note that UNLESS your demand is complied with you will be making an application for a strike out. This letter will then go on your file.

Comment

Still not heard anything will the court contact me and let me know whats happening? Do i still need to do a strike out?

Comment

many appologies

check back later

Comment

sorry if going over old ground

did you contact restons and ask for the claims handler

did you ask when they are going to comply with your cpr 31.14 request

if not, phone them up now and state you require the requested documentation within 48 hours or you will be applying for a strike out at full costs bia an n244 application

send an email as well after you have spoken

do it now

Comment

Wow!
                You guys rock!
                I've been reading through this thread with bated breath! The advice has been nothing but superb!
                Now I want to see what the outcome is! Lizzy1 - please can update??

PS - I have a similar issue which I have recently posted on this forum and wondered if I can follow this same procedure. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

I have called the court and they said the claimed has been stayed. Do I still need to contact restons and check where they are going with this or can I just go ahead and apply for a strike out? Sorry I hadn't done this sooner had lots going on.

Comment

Apply for a strike out. That way it can not be resurrected down the line.

Comment

• Re: Arrow & Court Papers What to do?

Originally posted by alham View Post
                      Apply for a strike out. That way it can not be resurrected down the line.
                      Is this done by n244 application

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Can I do this online I am not familiar with this process? Thank you so much for support guildance and help much appreciated...

Comment

Get the form from http://hmctscourtfinder.justice.gov....t_forms_id=484 . Depends on which browser you are using you can fill it in on the computer, then print (you need to sign it). Although it costs money to lodge depending on your financial circumstances you might get dispensation (form 160). It is pretty straight forward but if you have any questions ask away.

Comment

Thank you I will download form.

Comment

update please

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X