• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Failed to send document’s after CPR 31-14

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Failed to send document’s after CPR 31-14

No problem Denn, you have a great weekend too and don't worry about the upcoming case to much, which as you can probably tell, its going to be a walk in the park for you. Though the judge may ask difficult question and will likely repeat them from time to time, but stand your ground and be honest to all questions in a sincere and respectful manner. You will probably find the judge will praise you for your defence and the way you have presented it and will likely take your side too. If the claiments solicitor tries offering you any advise afterwards, ignore it no matter how sincere they sound and let us know what he/she said so we can say yea or nae to it lol. Trust me their solicitor will deliberate try to take advantage of you in order to get the result they want.
    Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

HI
      Yes the both seem fine to me, although I am no expert on these formal defences. When I have had to go to court I usually issued a simple defence in plain English. I find I can play the LIP card more effectively that way.
      My only real point that may be with considering is that I am still not convinced that this is a regulated agreement. So I would not base your whole case on the CCA related issues (section 60/87 breaches). If the other side raises this and the DJ agrees it could scupper your whole argument.
      By all means include it in your defence but also point out that no agreement of any kind has been produced. In other words don’t just depend on CCA unenforceability.
      If you see what I mean.
      Peter

Comment

Hi
        It seems that section 77-79 will apply and also part VII which contains the default requirements (87).
        So they should have sent you a default note and they should respond to your section78 request, if your agreement was after 1977. It also means the agreement would not be enforceable under subsection 6 of 78 until it was complied with.
        So that is good news.
        However it seems that the requirements for form under section 61 are not “commenced” until May 1985. This means that the unenforceability in respect of form and content aspect of your defence would not be applicable in my view, although I would not mention that if I were you because you never know the judge and the other side may not realise it.
        Even so this is a regulated agreement, and in order to be “made” under the Act there must have been a written contract, if you can show that none exists or existed on the balance of probabilities then they cannot enforce. Also of course they must be able to comply with CPR.
        Peter

Comment

Hi Peter
          Thanks for looking and the info.
          Would you individually point this out i.e. a new category or include within the existing categories.
          Many thanks for the help.
          Denn

Comment

Hi
            Not sure what you mean. I would keep the defense you have as per Tea boys recomendation(and include his aditions), however be aware ot the facts i have stated and the probobility that they will dispute your unenforceability claim in regards of section 61.

They may even try to say that they do not have to comply with the default notice or the section 78 request for the same reasons , this is not the case.
            All this info is available within the act under schedule 3 commencment propvisions.

In either case the act is a regulated agreement as you state in your defence because it was executed after 1977, so ther must be a writen agreement or it is unenforceable.
            Peter
            Last edited by peterbard; 7th November 2011, 11:18:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by peterbard View Post
              Hi
              It seems that section 77-79 will apply and also part VII which contains the default requirements (87).
              So they should have sent you a default note and they should respond to your section78 request, if your agreement was after 1977. It also means the agreement would not be enforceable under subsection 6 of 78 until it was complied with.
              So that is good news.
              However it seems that the requirements for form under section 61 are not “commenced” until May 1985. This means that the unenforceability in respect of form and content aspect of your defence would not be applicable in my view, although I would not mention that if I were you because you never know the judge and the other side may not realise it.
              Even so this is a regulated agreement, and in order to be “made” under the Act there must have been a written contract, if you can show that none exists or existed on the balance of probabilities then they cannot enforce. Also of course they must be able to comply with CPR.
              Peter

Ahh, yeah i keep forgetting this is from 1979 so section 61 would not apply. Though it is still worth a shot, as they would have to prove it does not apply and only way they can do that is by providing the original contract.
              Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

Comment

Yes and it seems that section8 5 should apply also, so they should have sent a copy of the agrement with each renewd card, there is an unenforceabiity sanction for breach of this requirement also.
                Peter

Comment

Hi
                  Thank you both for the invaluable information. Will try and take it all in over the weekend and get the defence in Monday.
                  Regards Denn

Comment

Hi Both
                    Sent my denfence in today.
                    Will keep you updated as things happen.
                    Regards Denn

Comment

Definitely let us know what their response to your defense is, if they do respond that is.

Comment

Hi teaboy2 & peterbard
                        An update.
                        Letter arrived yesterday from the court acknowledging my defence.
                        Also saying the claimant must contact the court within 28 days after receiving a copy of my defence. After that period has elapsed, the claim will be stayed. The only action the claimant can then take will be to apply to a judge for an order lifting the stay.

Regards Denn

Comment

Originally posted by dennisdugong View Post
                          Hi teaboy2 & peterbard
                          An update.
                          Letter arrived yesterday from the court acknowledging my defence.
                          Also saying the claimant must contact the court within 28 days after receiving a copy of my defence. After that period has elapsed, the claim will be stayed. The only action the claimant can then take will be to apply to a judge for an order lifting the stay.

Regards Denn
                          Hi Dennis.

If it is stayed then as you said they would need permission from a judge to have the stay lifted in order to proceed with the claim. Best thing to do if such circumstances do occur, is to sit and wait a few months i.e 6 months. Then if they haven't applied by then or if they do apply for permission from the judge to proceed we can work on having the case struck out under CPR rules
                          Last edited by teaboy2; 11th November 2011, 08:52:AM.

Comment

Hi Teaboy and Peterbard
                            Hope you are both OK and well.
                            Been in contact with the court today and the case is stayed.
                            Do you still think the best way to proceed would be to wait?

Denn

Comment

Yes wait a few months then apply for a strike out using the N244 form along with an unless order. An unless order is basically to state the case should be struck out unless the claiment is able to produce the requested documents within say 14 days etc. If after those 14 days and no documents are produced by the claiment then the case against you will be struck out.

We can help you with the details etc when the times comes.

Comment

Hi Teaboy
                                Many thanks for the information.
                                Have a good Christmas and I wil keep you posted.
                                Regards
                                Denn

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X