• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CL Finance/Howard Cohens, HELP!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CL Finance/Howard Cohens, HELP!

Much better.

Just need to bulk it up a little, after all it's a letter to the judge.

Comment

Yeah I agree but what do I need to add in there?
      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
      I've just realised I can't find my CPR 31.14 request, I have the proof of delivery and their response but not the letter I sent.
      Last edited by orfoster; 13th January 2010, 10:02:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Just need to add a bit and make it flow better.

CPR - Should be easy enough to print off another one..

Comment

Yeah im in work at the mo so will get home and get it, ugh i've already numbered the pages in date order hmmm I guess I can do 14.1 at one point?

Comment

Ok got it + i have a couple more letters I found.

Comment

Ok, I think its all done now. Just need to do a contents page and try and beef up that letter to the judge, not sure what I need to add in there though.

Comment

Just look at making it flow better

Comment

I write in relation to the above claim.

Before the court proceedings commenced I had an arrangement with the original creditor namely Santander Cards which to my understanding was working well with no failed payments, payments were being sent and were being received, I used a debt management company called Payplan. This court action came very much out of the blue without the following of any of the set out Pre-Action protocols nor letter before action.

I believe the claimant acted wrongfully by bringing this claim on me without any notice what so ever and have been obstructive and unreasonable throughout the court process by failing to respond to requests made under the Civil Procedure Rules.

I had no idea that the orignial creditor namely Santander Cards were even considering selling this debt, in fact I am unsure if CL Finance have the right to bring action against me at all and request that they supply further information in support of their claim.
                  Ok I have added a little more in there, do I send HC the letter to the judge as well?

Comment

That's better
                    Just send it to the court.

Comment

Ok court bundle in.

I was abit worried about not putting in the full defence as I only submitted the "embarrased" defence in the early days.

I was reading a thread on the CAG where they made out that the Witness statement should just contain the facts and not the case law and the thread had a skeleton argument.

We shall see what happens.

Comment

Hi CB,

The deadline for submission of the documents is today, I haven't had anything from HC.

Should I call the court and tell them this or give them another couple of days?

Comment

give it tell middle of next week and see if they can be bothered to comply.

Comment

Ok still nothing in todays post so I am planning on calling the court tomorrow to discuss their non-compliance.

What should I expect from the court? Do I simply say that they have failed to comply with the order therefore I request the case struck out? Is there a process here?

Comment

What's the court ordered date again ?

Comment

Docs should have been with the court 14 days before the hearing which is the 28th Jan.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X