• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

TOMLIN: Nickij v Natwest/Irwin Mitchell - SORTED !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nickij v Natwest/Irwin Mitchell

Looks good Ame, thank you.

Budgie, I wish I would remember that, sorry, I am such a goof, I will really try to remember that in future.

I will get the letter posted today.

Thanks again.

NJ x

Comment

Hi Ame, only me.

Had a chat with other half about this and he said he belived there was an overdraft on the current account so that corrects me. The counter claim you have mentioned that wouldn't be for the overdraft would it, is it for the other charges we have put a claim into Natwest for seperate to all of this?

Apologies for mis-informing you, not a very good thing to do at all, I need to be a reliable source of information don't I.

Got letter done and signed but remembered its postal strike today and tomorrow, hope that it will be ok to post it on Saturday or soonest day they return.

Thanks

NJ

Comment

Hi Nickijo1,

I've been following your thread with interest.

Like you I'm a newbie, on here, and am being hassled by Irwin Mitchell.

Can you give me an update ?

How is your County Court claim progressing ?

How are I.M. treating you ?

You're one step ahead of me so I'm really interested in anything you bcan give me.

Thanks and all the best,

R

Comment

Hello there, sorry not responded before now, to be honest we have come to a grinding hault right now although usually when I post this kind of thing I will get home to a letter or something. I will be honest, it is Amethyst that has been the driving force with all the information most of what is well above my menial brain. I understand very little of to be completely honest but do try to understand more.

I think and Ame can correct me if I am wrong, I responded and it means IM have to send something into the courts again, if they have done this I know nothing of it as of yet and it has been a while so was going to ask Ame if she believes things are ticking along as they should be or if I am missing something?

In the background I have been collating defense evidence if and when its needed so that is pretty much all up together.

Sorry my update isn't of much help, if I am completely honest I wish they would just go away and leave me alone to carry on paying what I have been paying, but life isn't like that is it, plus I am also doing this on behalf of my other half as this account isn't actually mine but he would have less of a clue than me.

x

Comment

mmmm well they should have entered their revised particulars by now honey - possibly give the court a quick call before 4pm and ask them if anything further has been submitted, you'll need the claim ref number and they should be able to tell you what's occuring....then let us know

Are you continuing with the payplan payments?
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Great! Ok hun, gotta try and hunt down the paperwork, mind all over the place, haven't got a clue what I have done with it, one of those safe places that are just too safe if you know what I mean, and since being pregnant memory has gone out the window. Would it be best if I got Rob to call seeing as it is really him being sued and not me?

Yes we are still paying Paypal hun. Is that ok?

Thanks

NJ

Comment

Paypal lol ''payplan'' darn hormones eh

yes keep paying them, all helps when it gets to court.

Yes get Rob to give the court a buzz, he just needs to ask if natwest have submitted anything since you last heard from them.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

LOL! Yes darn the hormones and loss of brain cells, its not like I had a lot to start off with ;o)

Ok will let you know, what happens if the court haven't heard anything, would we need to write to Irwin Mitchell and say "oi whats going on then, are you going to dilly dally over taking me to court and make my life a general nussance or what?" in the nicest possible way of course LOL.

Thanks

NJ x

Comment

nope, if they havent done their bit, do nothing.

On the original order asking them to submit revised particulars was there a 'by' date ?

Anyway let us know what the court says, and what ever they do say don't have a panic.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Just wanted to keep in loop although not much to report, I have been useless. I asked Rob to look for the forms on Wednesday as he was off, but things have been crappy since then with one thing or another on top of me feeling much worse for ware and not able to anything so no further forward at the moment which is bugging me as I do worry if doing nothing for the mo will get me/us in more trouble.

When you say revised particulars hun, other than the letter from Irwin Mitchell thats the latest thing I have had not had anything else from anyone, should I have or am I having a typical pregnancy brain memory loss, I had something from the courts but I don't believe it was anything about revised particulars but what do I know, what a mess. Too much going on. Will be posting something seperate as something else has flammin well come up.

Thanks

NJ x

Comment

What did you receive from court ? It may be important so please post it up.
                        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Ok apologies, I have obviously caused some confusion, I know I maybe a little dense when it comes to understanding legal stuff but I would post on here if I had received anything NEW from the court. What I was referring to has already been posted on here and I have kept Ame informed of every development or non-development so the court correspondence that I have received has already been posted on here, I have not received anything other than that!

Hope that clarifies the situation.

Many thanks

NJ

Comment

My misunderstanding not yours.
                            Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Hi guys, hope you all had a lovely Christmas and Happy New Year to you.

Ok I have an update but not a very good one and once again leaves me nervous. I hope to explain myself properly so here goes.

Rob received a letter from Irwin Mitchell, not sure when as he didn't tell me, I discovered it in the kitchen on Christmas flippin Eve!!!! Letter is dated 8th December 2009 and they wanted a response within 14 days, so thats gone Pete Tong already, surfice to say, I was not happy with OH and we had words.

The letter says "We note that payments of £143.68 are currently being made each month. Please forward details of your up to date income, expenditure and details of other creditors to enable us to fully review your circumstances before proceeding. We look forward to hearing from you within the next 14 days."

Ok so do I bother responding?

I have to be honest since the 13th December we have been extremely pre-occupied with my health and the pregnancy with various worries and issues, all is ok as far as we are aware now but that is all we have been concentrating on with visits to hospital for scans and stuff so it could have gone out of his mind completely and can I use this as a reason for not responding previously?

Secondly, Natwest should have all the information they are requesting as Payplan will have supplied it. If I supply them with an upto date one things are really quite different, we have higher income but outgoings are different too. What worries me in all honesty and I have no idea if I am right or wrong to want and think this but with baby on the way I really want to be able to start putting money away, for things like car problems, unexpected bills, things for the baby, when I am on maternity leave our income will drop rapidly, although this won't happen for 6 months and we really want to get married. Any spare cash you have they want. I dont mind honesty, prefer it so if I am being ridiculous in my expectations then tell me. We had planned on upping our payment to Payplan very soon anyway because we knew we would be in a slightly better financial situation, not that that makes any difference in this case.

If I supplied them the same income and expenditure thing from Payplan they could then ask for supporting evidence of that and I would be able to supply it, most things would show differently.

Would it be worth speaking with Payplan first, doing a review with them maybe and then supply everything from them as I know there are ways they can allow for costs of vehicles and stuff on a monthly basis and that could cover savings for that very thing? I could then also advise them that my income will be dropping in June to Statutory maternity pay for a year at least. Plus with Rob's job being sales do I put his basic wages or his OTE which he doesn't always achieve? I think we do need to do a review with Payplan, got to at least be honest with them to start off with eh?

Thanks

Nicki

P.S. I would just like to say that I do prefer honesty, I am not usually dishonest, I just don't like being skint and want some financial stability for my growing family which just seems impossible to achieve with ever increasing bills and such. Have never had savings and it would be such a sense of achievement if we could be paying back debts and saving for security and our future.

Comment

With your change in circumstances yes I would definately do a review with Payplan, and then send the new IE sheet on to the bank. Payplan will understand the baby situation and that you need to account for that extra expense shortly, ask their advice but I agree with being honest then theres nothing to come back and slap you in the face if IM do decide to carry on with court at any time.

It does sound like they have backed off on the action in court for the moment, and are going to continue with accepting the DMP through payplan, but I would be tempted to give the court a call and check nothings happened and they havent submitted any amended defence etc.

You could write back to Irwin Mitchell, thanking them for their letter and that you are undertaking a review with payplan and will forward an up to date IE sheet to them asap.

Just to keep them smiling (and dormant) lol.

((((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))))))))) for you and little one
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X