• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MBNA v skipper332

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBNA v skipper332

Hi everyone - I hope this post get into the right place and that there maybe someone here that is able to help / guide me. I have spent today in varying states of panic and depression.

This morning I received a Claim Form from Northampton CCBC County Court, dated 08 July. The claimant is MBNA and their solicitors are Restons. They are claiming a £7,124.50 plus fees and costs - total - £7,414.50, for a MBNA Credit Card debt. I am expecting another one for a similar amount, again from MBNA for another card debt.

Background - I have a number of creditors and have really made a mess of my finances. Basically, I over stretched myself and I am not able to repay what I owe. As it happens, my problems started when MBNA decided to almost double the interest rate they charged me to 34%. Until that time, I was able to keep up with the repayments. This happened about a year ago. Finally in October, I contacted all my creditors, explained the situation and made proposals for repayment. Some accepted and set up short term agreements but MBNA were quite unwilling. They wanted more than what I thought I could afford. Finally I went to Payplan. On 01 June, I started making payments to Payplan of £1,335 per month for a Debt Management Plan. They have sent offers of pro-rata repayments to all of my creditors. So far a couple have agreed. Barclays bank have rejected the proposal in respect of an overdraft. I understand that Payplan did contact Restons. 2 Payments (June and July) of £143 have been made on this account to them (£286 total), but today it would appear that they have rejected the offer and taken me to court. There are several other creditors - but I am not aware of their acceptance (or otherwise) of the Debt Managment Plan.

Can anyone offer me some advice / guidance please. I am really at my wits end. It is the only thing that occupied my mind all day - I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight - I've read so many bad things about the way MBNA / Restons behave.

Thanks

:tinysmile_cry_t:

Re: MBNA v skipper332

Would you please post up the POC (Particulars of Claim) and we'll go from there..

Comment

Hello skipper and welcome to Beagles.
      I think firstly it may be a good idea to fill in the Income & Expenditure form Legal Beagles this will give a clearer picture of your debts. You no need to put this on your thread if you wish the details to be private you can pm it to any team member.
      Are you in arrears with any priority debts ie rent/mortgage, council tax and utilities?
      Then you need to find out which creditors are being paid out of your £1335 per month being paid to Payplan assuming you are still paying them.

Curlyben has replied to you re MBNA he will help you further with this when you have given him the info he has asked for.

Please don't worry it can all be sorted, Enaid x

Comment

Thank you both very much for replying so quickly.

I will scan and post the Particulars of Claim later today.

I completed an Income and Expenditure statement with Payplan. The £1,355 is the surplus income calculated by Payplan and paid to them for re-distribution to creditors. Payplan deduct £5 & £81 for life and payment protection insurance respectively leaving £1,269 for Creditors.

So far I have made two payments to Payplan - June and July. I understand that they have written to all my creditors offering repayment amounts, they have also made two payments to each of them. At the moment, I think only two have accepted and two rejected (Barclays and MBNA) - I don't know the status of the 6 others yet.

I am assuming I will get another Claim for a second MBNA Account perhaps today(?).

I will scan / post the initial claim later today.

Do you still want me to complete the Income and Expenditre form you refer to or should I have the Payplan one available?

All my priority debts are up to date - no arrears.

Thank you both once again.
        Last edited by skipper332; 10th July 2009, 06:17:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

It's up to you skipper about the I&E form, if you are happy with the figures Payplan have come up with that's fine.
          Here is some info on claiming back charges from Credit Cards Legal Beagles if you wish to go ahead you will get all the help you need on here to do it.

Comment

Hi

Attached is the first page from the first claim form received. I received a second claim form yesterday for the second account. Do you want me to post that one as well? The details are similar - but the amounts differ.

I spoke with Payplan on Friday and they assumed I was admitting the claim, but were vague about possible outcomes. It seemed they just wanted me to fill in the form and send it to them.

Any suggestions? I want to pay what I owe - but in amounts I can afford.

Thanks
            Last edited by skipper332; 12th July 2009, 15:21:PM.

Comment

Now that this is legal action the game changes.
              If you could post BOTH POC's up that would be great..

Comment

Here are links to both claim forms. I don't think the first one was attached properly to my last post.

POC - Claim 1

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/z...2/Claim-01.jpg

POC - Claim 2

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/z...2/Claim-02.jpg

Thanks

Comment

OK you need information.
                  So fire off a couple of CPR 31.14's to Restons for these accounts.

Details are here: DCA: Using CPR 31.14 to Your Advantage - Consumer Wiki

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X