• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MCOL claim been stale for over a year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCOL claim been stale for over a year

Like many people, COVID caused a loss of income for me, and a sudden inability to keep on top of non-priority payments, including a credit card. The provider recommended (and kind of pushed) taking a payment break and freezing the card for several months which I ended up taking. It was pointless however as I was able to continue to make payments. Later on in the year I ended up with income halving and no form of support. Was made to continue working part time with no part time furlough available, obviously one of the first things to be hit was card repayments which was met with no help and a default.

This account was sold on to a purchaser and by that time I was in a position to repay, so I started making payments until my circumstances changed again and I was unable to maintain the arrangement. Eventually they made a court claim after seemingly not caring about my crappy circumstances and although I had been making repayments, the amount didn't seem right so I asked for the usual information to prove it (more than the original amount even with a year of repayments).

The last entry in MCOL was my defense and that was well over 12 months ago now. I never received a response to my request for information beyond "we will attempt to contact the original creditor, however this may take some time". Given the time it has been since claiming and still not having copies of the most basic documents they require to prove the claim in court, if they decide to request the stay be lifted, would the lack of supporting documents when making the claim plus the length of time it has taken to (not) provide documents be enough to request the claim be struck out?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X