• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Court Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Court Claim

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 30/5/2024
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: Yes
    Total Amount Claimed : £1500
    Claimant’s Name: Lowell Portfolio I LTD
    Solicitors Firm: Overdales
    Original Creditor: 118 118 Money
    Original Debt: Credit Card
    Particulars of Claim: The claim is for the sum of xxx due by the defendant under an agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974 for a 118 118 money account with the reference of xxx. The defendant failed to maintain contractual payments required by the agreement and a default notice was served under s.87(1) of the consumer credit act 1974 which has not been complied with. The debt was legally assigned to the claimant on xxx, notice of which has been given to the defendant. The claim includes statutory interest under s.69 of the county courts act 1974 at a rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue of these proceedings gs in the sum of xxx. The claimant claims the sum of xxx.
    Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?): No.
    List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ): CCA, CPR
    Any Other Information or Background Details:
    When was the account opened?

My defence has been submitted and the have replied to it with DQ, they are requesting no hearing.

They have not yet provided the agreement but have provided default notice and notice of assignment.

Should I request hearing due to them not providing everything yet?

thank you.
    Tags: None

They have also put on the DQ in the hearing venue space “ the claimant respectfully requests that in order to avoid disproportionate costs and for all parties convenience the final hearing of the matter will be conducted by way of a telephone hearing which the claimant will endeavour to arrange

Comment

The Court will send you a DQ to be filled in, a copy goes to the Court and a copy goes to Overdales.

Make sure you get Proof of Postage for both.They should provide everything. Yes you should request a Hearing in person on the DQ form.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...uestionnaire//

Update when you get a response.

Comment

They have today sent a copy of the agreement. I dont really remember this debt but did have a patchy spell due to bereavement over the past few years so it seems they can enforce it.

they also said in the latest letter they’re prepared to come to an agreement. I do not currently have the funds to offer a large amount, is it worth making a monthly offer of what I can afford? If I try this I presume I would not want to write a without prejudice letter as I’d want to be able to prove I’ve made some attempt to settle if they pursue a hearing.

Comment

How old is the account?

Does the agreement have all the prescribed terms?
          Has the interest rate been 'varied'?
          etc.

You really need to thoroughly check what they've sent.

https://lawzone.legal/when-is-a-cred...unenforceable/

Comment

The account appears to have been opened in 2021. The prescribed terms listed in the link you posted do appear in the agreement.

Just one thing, the agreement states an interest rate but the statements quote a “simple annual interest rate” that is different to what the agreement says. It does say in the agreement they can change the interest rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
              The account appears to have been opened in 2021. The prescribed terms listed in the link you posted do appear in the agreement.

Just one thing, the agreement states an interest rate but the statements quote a “simple annual interest rate” that is different to what the agreement says. It does say in the agreement they can change the interest rate.
              When they change the interest rate, they have to inform you as they have 'varied' the Terms and Conditions.
              All the documents need to be looked at.

You can make Offers to settle matters. Write 'Without Prejudice' on the Offer letters, ask them to remove any charges they've added to the account.

Fill in an income and expenditure form, take into the account of 'cost of living', give yourself a 'buffer', just in case things rocket up.

https://nedcab.cabmoney.org.uk/

Send a copy of the following amended letter with a copy of the I & E, make sure you get Proof of Postage.

Personalize the letter, personal circumstances etc

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/de...itor---letter/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X