• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim form received - advice needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim form received - advice needed

Hello all,

I’ve been on a DMP for about 9 months with my other debts but had missed this one to set up. I’m holding my hands up here and admit I owe the money. Having spoken to the claimant they have agreed a payment plan on receipt of an I&E form which I have ready to go.

My questions are:

- I understand if I admit claim in full I will get a CCJ but can I come to an agreement with the claimant as I’ve agreed monthly payments to avoid that
    - in the meantime, I’ve got a week left to acknowledge the claim, do I admit claim regardless or Should I defend even though I’ve no defense - just to buy more time to set up payment plan?

apologies for ignorance here, my first time dealing with this and I am struggling.

Thank you.

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 15/05/2024
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: not yet
    Total Amount Claimed : £8000
    Claimant’s Name: PRA Group
    Solicitors Firm: PRA group
    Original Creditor: MBNA
    Original Debt (eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft) : Credit card
    Particulars of Claim:
    The claimant claims the sum of £8xxx for an outstanding debt owed. On 3/3/2019 the defendant entered into an agreement with Lloyds bank plc for a credit card under ref XXXXXXXXX. On 15/10/2021 the defendant defaulted on the agreement with an outstanding balance of £8xxx. On 12/10/23 the debt was assigned to PRA group limited who itself assigned the debt to PRA group portfolios ltd on 28/11/23. Noticed of assignment were sent to the defendant in accordance with s136 law of property act. The claimant has instructed PRA group to act on its behalf in recovery of outstanding debt and to pursue litigation on its behalf and the claimant claims £8xxx.

Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?): No
    List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ):
    Any Other Information or Background Details:
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X