• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court claim but no letter? Any help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court claim but no letter? Any help please

I today logged into an old email address I haven't used in years and found a Notice of County Court Claim Isssued from a Solicitor's. It is dated 13th April this year and says that they are acting on behalf of Lowell debt recovery. I have received zero letters from Lowell, but after checking further through this email account I found a few emails from Lowell starting November 2022 saying I should get in touch etc, completely generic no details of any specific debt or from who.
    I suspect it may likely be a PayPal related debt, but have no way to know for definite as I haven't received any communication from Lowell confirming this.
    I had a PayPal credit account that I missed some payments on after I lost my job in 2021 and was struggling to manage my daily life. I am autistic and have not worked since 2021 due to my worsening mental health struggles and autism, I don't receive any income/benefits and live between my parents sometimes and my boyfriend's house.
    The address that PayPal always used to communicate with me over the years was my parents address, and I have not received any letters from Lowell there or at my boyfriends either. I had a short period of a few months in 2019 where my boyfriend had a different address, so maybe the letters have gone there? Although this makes no sense and I would assume the letters would go where PayPal always wrote to me.

In the email from the solicitors they offer to stop me from getting a CCJ if I agree to pay the whole amount within 4 months and reply to them in 10 days from the email (which has passed, as I have only just seen it.)

I suffer with extreme anxiety and struggle to manage my own finances anyway, that is part of the autism and this is causing me huge stress, I can't sleep.

What should I do?
    1 - I don't even know if the debt is from PayPal
    2 - I haven't recieved any letters or details from Lowell
    3 - How do I proceed with this notice of claim if I haven't received any details and the time limit has now passed

any advice would be so greatly appreciated, thank you so much
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X