• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ (by default) Lowells/Overdales

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ (by default) Lowells/Overdales

Hello all,i would some guidance on the situation i find myself in.This past 18 months i have been hassled by Lowells and then Overdales over monies they say i owe them
    I followed the 3-part letter route with DCA and FOI to the OC.
    However i have now received a CCJ (by default) .I had planned to defend the claim and said so online in my acknowledgement of service.However i didnt send in my defense on time as the recent passing of my mother and funeral arrangements in December took all my attention.The CCJ orders payments of £100 per month starting 23/2/2024.I am unemployed ,my partner works 32 hours per week and she receives Universal Credit payments.The 'debt' is in my name only.
    I have looked at what can be done to get the payments reduced and i can only see the N245 application as an option?Should i contact the DCA or Northampton Civil Business fake court?
    Regards
    Tags: None

Hi TRUEBLOOD95

Welcome to LB

If you believe you have grounds to defend the CCJ, you can set-a-side the CCJ.

Yes use the N245 form, when you do the Income and Expenditure form, make sure you take into account the 'cost of living', energy, food etc.

Contact the Court, you inform the DCA that you are doing that in writing.

Remember you can get relief on Court Fees, if you are on a low income.

https://www.gov.uk/get-help-with-court-fees

https://www.stepchange.org/debt-info...%20N245%20form.

Comment

Thankyou for your response ECHAT11.I have downloaded Form N245 and the layout is confusing me.Am i required to include all income to the household,including my partners? It states do Not enter expenses/bills paid for from other persons income ?My UC payment is included as a couple and paid to my partner.Any further advice is appreciated.

Comment

If UC is awarded as a couple, then I would state 50%, but make a note on the form, that, that is what you've done.
        Make sure in attach an Income and Expenditure form, but remember the cost of living crisis, food is still going up in costs.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/de...rder-for-debt/

Comment

Thankyou ECHAT11. So to be sure,i should enter 50% of the 'Couple Unit' amount as my income.Then in 'other income', i should enter my partners income? This is my CCJ as i have said but i still have to declare her income? The form asks to not include payments made from other household income,but all of the payments out are made using 'other income' .Sorry if i seem a bit slow on this.
          Regards

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBlood95 View Post
            Thankyou ECHAT11. So to be sure,i should enter 50% of the 'Couple Unit' amount as my income.Then in 'other income', i should enter my partners income? This is my CCJ as i have said but i still have to declare her income? The form asks to not include payments made from other household income,but all of the payments out are made using 'other income' .Sorry if i seem a bit slow on this.
            Regards
            'I should enter 50% of the 'Couple Unit' amount as my income', but note on the form exactly what you've done.

I don't think you need to enter your partners income because you posted this previously 'The form asks to not include payments made from other household income'.

No doubt if they have queries they'll come back to you.

Comment

Thankyou agin ECHAT11 .Just to note,The CAB link ( https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/de...rder-for-debt/ )you gave has a video advising how to complete Form N245.
              It states that all household income has to be given but in a complicated way.In a quandry now as to how to proceed.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBlood95 View Post
                Thankyou agin ECHAT11 .Just to note,The CAB link ( https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/de...rder-for-debt/ )you gave has a video advising how to complete Form N245.
                It states that all household income has to be given but in a complicated way.In a quandry now as to how to proceed.
                Give CAB a ring, they also have a 'online chat facility'.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/ab...oney-and-debt/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X