• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim received- Overdales Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j4mes View Post
    Would this be okay to send?

Dear Sir/Madam,

Ref: XXXXXXX, Miss XXXXXXXXX

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

I have been asked to contact yourselves regarding the above matter. I have spoken with XXXXXXXX and she has described her present financial situation to me and asked I contact you.
    XXXXXXXXX is currently a University student living away, however she has had to take a long term leave of absence from her studies due to a poor level of mental and physical health. She is currently legally considered disabled, living with chronic pain in her pelvis due to a number of operations that were hoped to alleviate the effects of hip dysplasia. These operations however have not helped and if anything have made the condition worse to the point she walks with crutches on a good day, and uses a wheelchair on a bad day. As a result, she is currently not in any form of employment nor does she have any form of income. This situation is not expected to change in the foreseeable future. Her only income currently is PIP, which is used fully on her day to day living needs each month. She has no assets, as everything in the property is owned by myself.

That said, this situation is exasperating her mental health issues and causing her sleepness nights and further anxiety. As a result I would like to step in and see if a resolution can be reached. I would therefore like to make a 'full and final' settlement offer to you.

I understand account 1, with Huchinson 3G was a mobile telecommunications agreement, with the balance due solely a cancellation fee. And account 2, with Creation was a shop credit account. This leaves a balance across both accounts of £XXX your client is seeking.

I do not have enough capital available to pay the balance in full, and with the current cost of living issues, am not in a position to comfortably commit to any monthly payment agreement above £1 a month but am in a position to offer you a one-off lump payment of £XXX to settle both accounts.

Should you accept this offer, I would ask you contact me directly in writing confirming your acceptance, confirming this payment will end your clients interest in this matter and supply me payment details including reference. I will then make the agreed payment to your client within 7days of having received their acceptance.

I look forward to your response in this matter.
    That's fine.

Maybe add paragraphs, big block of text.

What you might need to do is get a 'Letter of Authority' signed by your partner, otherwise they may not entertain the offer, as you will not have permission from your partner to act on her behalf.

Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

Also use the benefits calculator to see if she has other entitlements, hope she gets better.

Comment

So after sending the letter about 2 weeks ago, we finally heard back from Overdales Solicitors from making my settlement offer of 20% of the original balance.

Their response reads;

Dear Miss XXXXXXXX

Our client has instructed us to discontinue this claim and therefore we enclose a copy of
      the Notice of Discontinuance by way of service upon you.
      We have filed the same at Court and have requested that any hearing that may have been listed is vacated.
      We confirm that this brings the legal proceedings to an end

Yours Sincerely

Overdales Solicitors

And on the letter, the balance listed is now zero.

So, by the look of things they are no longer interested in chasing this matter and withdrawing all action.

I'd like to personally thank echat11 for all of your help. Is there any way I can buy you a crate of beer or a few bottles of wine as a thank you for your time and knowledge in this?

Comment

Originally posted by j4mes View Post
        So after sending the letter about 2 weeks ago, we finally heard back from Overdales Solicitors from making my settlement offer of 20% of the original balance.

Their response reads;

Dear Miss XXXXXXXX

Our client has instructed us to discontinue this claim and therefore we enclose a copy of
        the Notice of Discontinuance by way of service upon you.
        We have filed the same at Court and have requested that any hearing that may have been listed is vacated.
        We confirm that this brings the legal proceedings to an end

Yours Sincerely

Overdales Solicitors

And on the letter, the balance listed is now zero.

So, by the look of things they are no longer interested in chasing this matter and withdrawing all action.

I'd like to personally thank echat11 for all of your help. Is there any way I can buy you a crate of beer or a few bottles of wine as a thank you for your time and knowledge in this?
        That's very kind of you to say so. I'm glad it's resolved. If there's ever anything else we can help you with, you know where we are.

Maybe a donation to LB - https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted...=CNCXB9EXZRYE4

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X