• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Private Parking Ticket - Court Claim received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Parking Ticket - Court Claim received

Hello,

i have received a Claim form for a parking ticket in 2020 from County Court Business center and claimant UK Parking Control Limited. The car park was a public house in which the driver pulled into to make a phone call, the driver never left the vehicle and didn't realise he/she would have had to enter the pub to enter my reg no. the driver ignored all letters at the time but now I have a claim form as the registered keeper.

Attached is the POC and at current I have no evidence or received any prior notice of this to my recollection. Can anyone help ?

Particulars of Claim

1. The Defendant(D) is indebted to the
    Claimant (C) for a Parking Charge(s) issued to vehicle xxxxxx at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. The PCN details are xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. The
    PCN(s) was issued on private land owned or managed by C. The vehicle was parked in breach of the Terms on Cs signs (the Contract), thus incurring the PCN(s).4. The driver agreed to pay within 28 days but did not. D is liable as the driver or keeper.
    Despite requests, the PCN(s) is outstanding.
    The Contract entitles C to damages.

AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS
    1. £160 being the total of the PCN(s) and damages. 2. Interest at a rate of 8% per annum pursuant to s.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 from the date hereof at a daily rate of £0.02 until judgment or sooner payment. 3.
    Costs and court fees
    Tags: None

can you please post up a redacted copy of the original NTK?

If you don't have it now send a Subject access request to UK Parking Control

Acknowledge the claim, but do not enter a defence.

Edit your post so the driver cannot be identified. Change it to "the driver pulled in.."etc

Comment

Hi C4rperT4rper I have edited your first post as per your email to @admin. Hope this is how you now want that post to read.
      If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
      If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Originally posted by ULA View Post
        Hi C4rperT4rper I have edited your first post as per your email to @admin. Hope this is how you now want that post to read.
        Thankyou

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post

can you please post up a redacted copy of the original NTK?

If you don't have it now send a Subject access request to UK Parking Control

Acknowledge the claim, but do not enter a defence.

Edit your post so the driver cannot be identified. Change it to "the driver pulled in.."etc
          Hi Des8 thanks for your response. I will acknowledge the claim today. Do I write to UK Parking Control requesting this information? Are they obliged to send this to me now? should I also send this to DCB Legal as is mentioned that I should send docs to them

Comment

SAR to parking company

Letter to DCBL requesting copy of documents they are relying on e.g:
            "Dear Sirs,
            Claim Number: XXXXXX
            Request for documents mentioned in a statement of case under CPR 31.14

On xx/xx/xxxx I received a County Court claim from yourselves of which I have acknowledged receipt indicating my intention to defend in full.
            To enable me to file my defence and/or counterclaim, I require inspection of documents you mention in your statement of case ahead of filing my defence on xx/xx/xxxx."

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
              SAR to parking company

Letter to DCBL requesting copy of documents they are relying on e.g:
              "Dear Sirs,
              Claim Number: XXXXXX
              Request for documents mentioned in a statement of case under CPR 31.14

On xx/xx/xxxx I received a County Court claim from yourselves of which I have acknowledged receipt indicating my intention to defend in full.
              To enable me to file my defence and/or counterclaim, I require inspection of documents you mention in your statement of case ahead of filing my defence on xx/xx/xxxx."
              Fantastic and thankyou so much will update once recieved

Comment

Keep in mind you might not receive a reply before the date by by which you must enter your defence,
                Do not miss that date

Comment

Hi Des8 thanks so much for your help to date. I decided to pop into the car park and attach the photos. As can be seen, there are 2 signs at the entrance of the car park which state Customer Parking Only with a small sign next to it saying Have you parked with us today. No information is stated from what I can see here regarding registering to park. Then there are 4 no signs dotted around the car park which state to register at the Bar. 3 of these signs, as can be seen, are at low levels behind parking spaces and the 4th is on a wall under a tree. can I please get your opinion here as I need to prepare a defense and from your comment above I may not receive any details in time from the parking company.

Comment

Originally posted by C4rperT4rper View Post
                    Hi Des8 thanks so much for your help to date. I decided to pop into the car park and attach the photos. As can be seen, there are 2 signs at the entrance of the car park which state Customer Parking Only with a small sign next to it saying Have you parked with us today. No information is stated from what I can see here regarding registering to park. Then there are 4 no signs dotted around the car park which state to register at the Bar. 3 of these signs, as can be seen, are at low levels behind parking spaces and the 4th is on a wall under a tree. can I please get your opinion here as I need to prepare a defense and from your comment above I may not receive any details in time from the parking company.

Photo of 4th sign

Comment

Your defence needs to plead lack of sufficient particularisation for you to identify the matter as you have no record of receiving any notice of parking charges from the claimant
                      it does not include dates, and although you submitted a CPR31.14 request no documents have been supplied
                      Also it is unclear if you are being sued as driver or keeper
                      The claim seems to have no real prospects of success

There is an example defence in the SHORTCUTS on the right.
                      Altho' basically for debt cases it will give you an idea of format etc.

you can always post up the draft

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                      X