• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Numerous PCN’s from Britannia parking, just received court papers.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Numerous PCN’s from Britannia parking, just received court papers.

i have just received a county court notice after sending back (return to sender) 12 letters that were sent, 6 each day for 2 days, I appreciate this is still scare tactics to pay, but, there are valid reasons why I can vouch for 3 of the offences ....
    after brittania stopped taking calls, I stopped opening their post, they refused a valid excuse for being 12 mins late and continually pursued the PCN. This private pub car park is camera controlled, owned by the brewery NOT brittania parking, I have only ever received notice by post, they don’t affix PCN’s to your vehicle as they are 300 miles away.
    The cameras were turned off during lock down, and switched back on, and in the first week, EVERYBODY inc the pub staff got tickets, and at 8am one morning the cleaner made a point of telling me to be careful parking here, I laughed and said brittania are useless, they do it all the time, and two days later ....... I got one? *♂️
    Im preparing myself for a county court appearance, and want to win my case, so, I need some help please
    Tags: None

Not recommended to ignore, will be frowned on by the courts. So need more info, like what did the signs say and a copy of the PCN(s) suitably redacted but leave date. So why did the driver not take it up with the pub?

Comment

It started years ago when I got a parking charge notice through the post, I had returned to my vehicle within the 2hr limit I had paid for online, I got a phone call as I was getting into my car, I started the car and took the call which went on for 20mins, I left, and went home, 7 days later I got a PCN in the post from Brittania parking, they had camera footage of me entering at a time and leaving at another time, this was apparently 12mins over, so they issued a PCN. I spoke with them on the phone and they told me you had 10 minutes to leave after your paid time. A few months later, somebody reversed into my car in the car park, as I was returning to my vehicle the person was leaving, so we exchanged details and took photos of the damage, I was 18mins over this time, and so, I received a PCN in the post, again I rang Brittania and explained the situation, they refused to accept this, so I sent evidence of the repair from the repair shop and paperwork from the insurers, they still perused it, ..........
      since then, you can no longer ring them, you just get a letter with a fine every now and then and you are supposed to believe a photo of you driving in and out of a car park at set times is 100% real, and that you did leave late? After all, there is NOBODY you can contact.
      since then I have had a few PCN’s, and I decided that if they were not prepared to speak to me, I wouldn’t entertain these fines. They were VERY forceful in the nature with the context in their correspondences, right down to sending me 6 letters in one day, and they repeated this a week later ......... this to me was unacceptable behaviour. (Rightly or wrongly)
      we have issues with online payment system, you can’t add a car sometimes (if you park using another vehicle), app simply not working, Nobody in the pub will talk to you about them because they hate them too, it’s the brewery the appointed them.

Comment

0DD775C2-D109-4E1E-A18E-6B5E207E58B6.jpeg 9361BDF8-3019-4C61-B75E-E01663F10D32.jpeg
        Discrepancies between charges on the machine, and on the wall. 0DD775C2-D109-4E1E-A18E-6B5E207E58B6.jpeg
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Baron D.; 28th October 2022, 13:18:PM.

Comment

Machines not always working
          Attached Files

Comment

B00CE5B3-DF2F-488C-BAE2-647D518DA3AB.jpeg Got a ticket for this day for non payment, even though we paid.

Comment

Wall sign
              Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X