• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter to claimant over probable criminal damage claimant did

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter to claimant over probable criminal damage claimant did

I would like advice about drafting a letter to a claimant ahead of mediation asking him to consider new information into our negotiations.

I am the defendant in a small claims court case brought by a builder against me. I delayed payment due to poor workmanship and explained that I was getting quotes to repair damage as a result of his work and would pay him the balance once the best quote received. The claimant brought the claim about 10 days after he completed the work. We have pre-court mediation (arranged through small claims court) this week.

I since discovered that the claimant is likely to have also done deliberate damage at our property when returning to rectify one of the issues. This was witnessed by another contractor. And there is also possible evidence from the previous home owner. I believe that the builder's actions may be criminal damage.

I would like to let the claimant (the builder) know that this has come to my knowledge. I do want mediation to be successful and not bring a counter-claim or possible criminal proceedings. But I do think that the claimant does need to be made aware at this stage of what has come to my attention. Any advice / suggestions / comments would be most appreciated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X