• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim form received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim form received

Hi,
    I've received a claim form through (claimant is UK Parking Control) with request for payment via DCB Legal to be paid via www.moneyclaim.gov.uk and would like some advice please
    The PCN was issued back in 2018. I contacted UK Parking at the time and explained that I had been using a kids softplay area and hadn't seen any parking notices - they were so high up a lamp post (I went back to check as genuinely didn't believe there were any. I contacted the softplay and asked if they could intervene, they said they couldn't as they didn't own the car park.
    Rightly or wrongly, I refused to pay and wasn't getting anywhere with UK Parking when I phoned them. I received a few threatening letters, which having googled on other forums, the advice was to ignore them as they didn't have a leg to stand on.

I haven't had anything through for at least a year now and then received a Claim Form, with a Claim number and a stamp with a crown and the wording The Crown Court underneath. The stamp is slightly fuzzy in comparison to the rest of the letter as is the crest at the top of the letter.

Claim amount has gone from £160 to £303.84 which includes a court fee of £35, Legal rep costs of £50

My question is, is this Claim genuine or could it be they are using a fake stamp and the County Court Business Centre address?

Am frustrated as parked in an area where I thought I could park and found UK Parking utterly useless to deal with. Having said that, I do not want a CCJ so will pay the claim if I have to.

Any help would be much appreciated

Tags: None

ostell may be able advise (they are scraping the barrel these crooks parking companies

Comment

thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X