• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County court claim -Lowell/overdales

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County court claim -Lowell/overdales

Hello,

today I have received a county court claim today it’s for 2 debts that were passed onto Lowell’s next & capital one combined they are just under £6000.
    I don’t know what to do next there’s no way I can pay that off in one sum unfortunately by my own fault I ignored letters etc and completely buried my head in the sand suffer with depression so have let it spiral, I private rent so I need my credit file clear of ccj’s don’t know what I need to do next can anyone help me please
    Tags: None

Hi Bamb191

First fill in the following, copy and paste back onto this thread (leave out all personal details and ref no's)

Received a claim? Yes/No:
    Issue Date:
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?:
    Total Amount Claimed : ( approximately please do NOT use EXACT figure given on the claim form, round up to next £100 or £1000)
    Claimant’s Name:
    Solicitors Firm:
    Original Creditor:
    Original Debt (eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft) :
    Particulars of Claim: ( Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers/exact amounts ):
    Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?):
    List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ):
    Any Other Information or Background Details:
    How old are the accounts?:

Comment

You need to Acknowledge Service within the first 14 days, that can be done online, that gives you 14 + 14 days, so that 28 days plus 5 for postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ledge-a-claim/

a) Send a CCA to Overdales, they have 12 days to respond (keep an eye on that). Make sure you get Proof of Postage

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...etter-example/

b) Send a 31.14 request to Overdales solicitors, they have 7 days to respond after receipt of letter (keep an eye on that). Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...-of-documents/

c) You could also send a SAR to Next and Capital One, they have 30 days to provide all the data on the accounts, make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

Work out the date your defence has to be lodged with the Court and the creditors solicitor, note it in the diary, do not forget.

Comment

Received a claim? Yes

Issue Date: 15th august

Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: not yet will do this now

Total Amount Claimed : ( approximately please do NOT use EXACT figure given on the claim form, round up to next £100 or £1000) just under £6000

Claimant’s Name: Lowell

Solicitors Firm: overdales

Original Creditor: next & capital one

Original Debt (eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft) : credit card & catalogue

Particulars of Claim: ( Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers/exact amounts ):
        1) the claim comprises the following agreements the defendant entered into
        a.capital one Europe with reference xxxx and current balance of xxx
        b.next retail ltd with reference xxxx and current balance of xxxx
        the agreements were terminated as payments were not maintained and subsequently assigned to claimant
        and the claimant claims:
        a) the total of the said sums being £xxxxxx
        b) interest pursuant to s69 county courts act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue but limited to one year being £xxxxx
        c)costs

Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?): not statute barred

List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ): nothing as of yet

Any Other Information or Background Details: bought something on next they automatically set up credit account started spending on it they kept upping credit I paid monthly until the monthly payment was just under £200 a month it wasn’t making a difference so stopped paying.
        capital one took credit card out while not working to try and help pay off other debt ended up making minimum payments but again wasn’t bringing the total down at all because of interest so stopped paying

How old are the accounts?: next roughly 10 years maybe a bit less stopped paying about 2.5/3 years ago
        capital one about 4:5 years old stopped paying around 2.5/3 years ago

Comment

Would I be responding to the claim as defending myself completely? Even though I do know it was my own fault

Comment

Originally posted by Bambi91 View Post
            Would I be responding to the claim as defending myself completely? Even though I do know it was my own fault
            Yes, you are defending all of the claim (lets see where you stand with the docs / information they send to you). Automatically upping your credit limit isn't great.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X