• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim form

Hi I would like some advice please. I have received a claim form from ccbc the claimant is Lowell it’s for a shop direct debt from I thin back in 2003. Lowell put a default notice on my credit report in 2018. I would like to know is my debt now statured barred as it has been a good few years now. I am 100% sure I have not paid Lowell any money for this debt but how can I find this out as my memory is not what it use to be. Also what do I do about the claim form and can they add court fees like they have if my debt is statured barred. Any advice would be great thanks.
    Tags: None

when was the last payment also last time communicated with shop direct or agents>>> live in england wales or scotland

what letter prior received by you?
    Last edited by MIKE770; 19th February 2022, 21:28:PM.

Comment

Hi I have same 2013 and Lowell have put 2016 I’m going to send a cca form and get proof I need as only have so long to respond

Comment

First Steps read

CCA Request send with £1 postal order to shop direct get proof posting make a file and keep copies of all

CPR 31.14 Request

to solicitors only request only mentioned on claim form for now, no charge keep copy on file . get proof posting.

​​​​​​ Acknowledge Claim online MCOL site sign up using top right claim form , just tick defend all , defence can go in 2 days before deadline

echat11 might look in
        Last edited by MIKE770; 19th February 2022, 21:28:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Elvis View Post
          Hi I have same 2013 and Lowell have put 2016 I’m going to send a cca form and get proof I need as only have so long to respond
          do not panic time gained follow above

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
            when was the last payment also last time communicated with shop direct or agents>>> live in england wales or scotland

what letter prior received by you?
            answer the question please we are working in dark without info?

Comment

The last time of communication has got too be well over six years with shop direct. As with any payments I live in England

Comment

any communication between you and any agents incl prior before claim lowells since then? i.e. letter before action from lowells?

Comment

Yes I think I can remember getting a letter before action from Lowell which I didn’t reply too either

Comment

I have just found my letter before action i did say my memory is no good. It says I entered an agreement with littlewoods on the 23/03/2013 I failed too make payment and it was terminated and assigned too Lowell on the 21/05/2018. I know that I have not made any payment or contacted shop direct or Lowell in over 6 years. I know this as I have been with my partner 6 years this September and I have not contacted anyone since even before them or made a payment.

Comment

Sorry looks like I will have to make a payment plan with them as just been through my bank and the last payment I made was in February 2018 so it is less than six years. I blame my memory

Comment

Await echat to comment

Comment

If I reply to the claim form and make a offer of payment does this mean I will get a ccj on my credit score

Comment

Originally posted by Elvis View Post
                            You need to start your own thread.

Importantly, make sure you Acknowledge of Service online, that will give you more time to prepare your Defence.

Send a 31.14 letter, make sure you get Proof of Postage.

Make a note of when you have to file your Defence.

Comment

Originally posted by Anti View Post
                              If I reply to the claim form and make a offer of payment does this mean I will get a ccj on my credit score
                              What you need to do is follow the steps in post 4, they have to do quite a bit to get a CCJ and you are nowhere near that.

You need to Defend the claim, see what documents they provide, if they can't provide the Documents then that puts you in a good position to assess the strength of their case.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X