• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortimer Clarke Solicitors - claim form ( Northampton Court )

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortimer Clarke Solicitors - claim form ( Northampton Court )

I just received letter - Claim Form from County Court Business Centre at Northampton. For my debt That was originally with Capital one then was bought by Cabot Financial. ( Mortimer Clarke solicitors acting on their behalf)

I have requested CCA from Cabot Financial back in October, 5th 2020 received reply letter from Cabot on October, 13th 2020 “currently do not have this information of file, however we request relevant papers from original lender… debt remains temporarily unenforceable”

Shortly after I’ve changed addresses informing at the same time Cabot and other agencies. With one month over lap between my new and old address. Mortimer Solicitors contacted me via email in January, 2021 which I have also updated them with my new address and stated that CCA has been requested from an the original debt owner ( Cabot financial on October, 2020) but still have not received it. Then they reply that this has been passed to relevant team.

Can I send respond back to Court for this claim and back myself up with those documents ( sent request letter to Cabot with prove of postage) and email to Mortimer Solicitors and with their responses. That this was not provided to me in timely manner.

If they in any point obtained the CCA between periods from December 2020 and now, is this debt enforceable? I just cannot remember if I received it in any point in 2021 as I cannot find copy of it.

Not sure how to respond to this claim

Either to acknowledge the debt and give them amount I’m willing to pay each month

Or back myself with documents that CCA was not provided to me in the requested time frame. 12 days and 3 month after the original request letter was sent
    if so what shall I include in the defence?

Can I call to Cabot and ask if thy have my CCA on file?

Your help is much appreciated
    Tags: None

do not speak to them, acknowledge claim tick defend all do it on line. do not remind then outstanding cca etc., they can issue court action as have done but they would have to later supply the documents do not remind them, claim issued so will continue to defend, follow all court instructions.

​​​​​​ Acknowledge Claim on line

CPR 31.14 asking for only items on court form CPR 31.14 Request get proof of posting to their solicitor.

keep CCA request you made on file and acknowledgements by them, on file date order and keep updated also on here they will assist you as possible.

Comment

544FB0CC-06B4-4678-B550-388070137F8C.jpeg Ok, just to clarify. As I have forms:
      - Admission ( specified amount) - admitting to all and I need more time or admitting to part of the amount.
      - defence and counterclaim - when I wish to dispute all or part of the claim.

So my understanding is what you have suggested is to dispute full amount.
      in that case I need to write my defence. And I’m not sure what to write here.
      help would be much appreciated.

544FB0CC-06B4-4678-B550-388070137F8C.jpeg

Comment

AC66CB67-461A-4ACE-BAFA-9A72733CC4EE.jpeg My apologies, I see there is another form.
        so what would happen after I post that or fill that online?

Comment

One more clarification
          when I’ll be filling out the CPR 31.14 do I have to address it to Mortimer Solicitors, in terms of CCA request do I make another one or shall I just mentioned about the October 5th 2020?

Comment

it gives you more time to det defence in (no rush as yet) fill in on line!!!!!!!! code top right use that on the site they refer to. saves time and paperwork = defend all = ( remember no admittance by you)

Comment

no cca request that is their problem do not remind them. or if listed ask for documents they are relying on no names .
              CPR31.14 just ask for documents as listed in the court form .

Comment

Thank you mike770,
                Just to clarify and my apologies that I’m going over this again as I want to be sure.
                so I’ll fill out the online acknowledgment of service =option 1- defend all.
                Same time I’m sending CPR31.14 just ask for documents as listed in the court form addressing to Mortimer Clarke solicitors ( no mention about CCA)

can you please clarify “remember no admittance by you”

Comment

Do not state in anyway my CCA 1974 or state my debt etc etc if you get what I mean? or say "The debt I owe you!"

Comment

Ohh yes, absolutely I understand what you mean. Thank you for actually mentioning that. It is a vital information.
                    appreciate your advice and prompt reply.

Comment

Hi, I’m filling out the CPR31.14 and I’m not sure what date shall I put here:

“To enable me to file my defence and/or counterclaim, I require inspection of documents you mention in your statement of case ahead of filing my defence onxx/xx/xxxx”

will be dating this letter 26/01/2022.

your assistance is much appreciated

Comment

Today's date ask only the staed items on court form

Comment

Forgot to mentioned that their letter is dated 20/01/2022

Comment

Sorry can you clarify,
                            the statement below is when I will have to present my defence by, is that correct?

“To enable me to file my defence and/or counterclaim, I require inspection of documents you mention in your statement of case ahead of filing my defence onxx/xx/xxxx”

ao if the CC claim form is dated 20/01/2022 they gave me 14 days so that gives us 3/02/2022 and I should ad an extra 14 days to this which is 17/02/2022.

ao in the place of xxxxx I should put 17/02/2022? Is that correct ?

Comment

First Steps
                              Check dates

This is the acknowledgment of service. Say Yes, I need an extra 14 days and make a note of the date you need to respond by. When you have submitted this form it will send both yourself and the Claimant an email to confirm the new deadline. It also confirms to the Claimant and the court that you have received the claim.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X